cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 'Til Cancelled Fixed Price Canada

I thought there was some glitch in the ebay system until I called them to find out about the changes of fixed price listing being  Good 'Til Cancelled which is stupid! I am not one for going to the boards, the chats the blogs I do it once in a blue moon and I know most sellers don't even bother with it. So EBAY YOU SHOULD SEND OUT MESSAGES AND EMAILS TO ALL YOUR SELLERS! Before there listing auto roll over and you have sellers calling you for refunding there money! Because I see that happening big time coming down the pike with calls to state and federal AG's

Next we sellers have these options

First move to auction style 10 and 7 day listing

Second do the 30 fixed price Good 'Til Cancelled but after 28 or 29 days de list the item as we know there are last minute people so maybe explain eBay's policy in you listing and state what your doing so people will know. Also

2)A talking with a ebay you can also by day 29 remove the quantity and move it to 0 which puts the item into a limbo state for people going on vacation?

Third option list on other web sites also sell on your own web site. No doubt Fix price listing will drop as people either move to auction or move off site. This is not 2000 when ebay was the only game in town and controlled over 90% of the online market place as well as it was auction only back then, and Amazon was just a place to go buy books. Lots of other sites to sell on today.

Fourth option oh you all are just going to love this option sell on ebay fixed price with 30, 10, 7,5, 3, 1 day durations. WHAT? The heck did he/me really just say that?

Here's the deal they did not make this change in Canada. So the ebay.ca web site in Canada still has the old Fix price setting. Now isn't that some messed up stuff!  

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

I received an email back in February about the Early Spring Update, which included this information.  It has also been posted for over a month at the top my ebay page.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You may have gotten a message I did not. And it was only posted at the top of my ebay seller listing page when the roll over started not before, or any place in my ebay.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Reading about your problems with the ebay systems it seems like they are having a lot of different problems with it on all levels do to there own changes I guess. Here is what happen to me. Buyer returned a comic book for refund. I got the comic and refunded the buyer his $51.44. Then I got a message from ebay in my ebay messages for the refund. I  click on it and it says ebay thanks you for refunding the buyer there $102.88. And we have messaged them that you sent them $$102.88 refund. There message doubled the amount. I checked to see how much I sent to the buyer it was $51.44 called ebay up told them to check my messages. Told them they got the amount wrong and doubled it. Asked ebay if they sent the same message to my buyer.  And what should I do if he asks me why he only got $51.44 and not the $102.88 that ebay said he should get. When I asked why this had happen the ebay tech said the ebay system was having glitch problems.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Fixed price listings will all be gtc on .ca sometime in July.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

GTC as the only duration for Fixed Price.

For the USA effective March 18

For Canada effective "April" now scheduled for "July".

Policies, implementation dates, help files etc. are all Site Specific.

Notices to Sellers on both sites were sent out in February.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Also the if they want all fixed price to be GTC then don't charge us a listing fee  when the item relists then no one would be complaining about it any more people would use it and not sell there stuff on other web sites since many other web site's only charge there sellers final value fee's when the item sells.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@dccomic wrote:

Also the if they want all fixed price to be GTC then don't charge us a listing fee  when the item relists then no one would be complaining about it any more people would use it and not sell there stuff on other web sites since many other web site's only charge there sellers final value fee's when the item sells.

This is my thoughts exactly. There would not be so much anger if the GTC counted as one listings. That is how all other sites seem to do it. I have been looking around listing elsewhere. I have not run into any repeat charges for original listing, and all have extended listing times. 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Well the problem with ebay is they are a online retailer that has no inventory as well as they do not make there own products. When you have company's like Apple that make and sell there own products on line, Cosco that has Inventory and other company's like Macy's and Wal-Mart that that are both. On top of that if ebay did try to be like a normal retailer. They would need to two things set up a world wide distribution network and also hire a lot of people. All the other online company's have to do and have been doing to ebay is stealing it's sellers by offering better deals when it comes to fee's. Keep taking away sellers like us and there is no more ebay and ebay keeps shooting itself in the foot. So they just make it easy for these other company's to take market share from them year after year after year.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

This week brings to a end the last ebay 30 fixed prices listing meaning that by this Sunday or earlier items will be auto relisted with the new forced down the throat policy of Good 'Til Cancelled. The question is how many sellers that don't bother reading ebay policy messages sent to them and delete the un read messages and will start demanding refunds from ebay when they are charged listing fee's for items they did not know were going to be relisted.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

July.? That is not fair. Ebay needs to stop playing favorites and if they are going to screw sellers, they must do it to all of them equally!
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Well it is different form country to country. Must tech company's have problems with the EU nations, because it is lot easier here to make changes to online policy, changes over there in the EU have laws there in place to protect users where there are hardly any in place in the USA

Message 12 of 12
latest reply