cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

Just got the following email from GoDaddy.  Of course, that is the service I use.  I hate change.

Online Bookkeeping will retire in 30 days.

After much consideration, we've made the decision to discontinue Online Bookkeeping on June 18, 2022. At that time, the Online Bookkeeping tool will stop importing transactions from your connected channels and your existing data will be archived. To provide you with the best possible experience going forward, we've partnered with Intuit to offer you a special discount on QuickBooks Online.

You have until September 30 to download your Online Bookkeeping content. You can either move your data to QuickBooks using our migration tool or export your .csv file and import it to another accounting platform. You'll receive a prorated return for any time remaining on your term.

We appreciate your business and are here to help make your transition as smooth as possible.

Anyone have experience with QuickBooks, good or bad?

Message 1 of 221
latest reply
220 REPLIES 220

Re: GoDaddy retiring online bookkeeping

I haven't read the 200 responses to this thread, but this reminded me of an e-mail Microsoft sent out to Office subscribers. They're discontinuing an accounting service, as well.

Money in Excel
First, if you use Money in Excel, rest assured you’ll retain your Money in Excel workbook and all the data it contains. But starting June 30, 2023, we’ll disconnect your financial accounts from your workbook and you won’t be able to refresh your transactions. We understand that managing your money is important to you, so we’ve partnered with Tiller to offer you a 60-day free trial of their personal finance spreadsheet service. Learn more about claiming this offer. Finally, as a Microsoft 365 subscriber, you’ll continue to get exclusive access to premium budget templates.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 196 of 221
latest reply

Just a heads up to anyone still using GoDaddy. I just found that

my Ebay sales from June 10 to current have been doubled in

my GoDaddy dashboard.

I was able to hide the duplicate sales transactions by comparing

names and amounts, but hiding duplicate Ebay fees is going to

be harder to figure out...it's a mess. Maybe it's just a corruption 

in my account and won't affect everyone, but certainly worth a look!

Message 197 of 221
latest reply

Any mention of refunds for those of us who had annual subscriptions? Or are they just going to pocket our money

Message 198 of 221
latest reply

I got my prorated refund this morning, so I assume it will be automatically sent to everyone. Maybe they're doing the refunds in batches throughout the day?  I hope you get yours soon.  

My refund was announced in the form of an email from Paypal because I paid for my subscription with Paypal. Your email might come from your credit card company if you paid that way, or through some other payment source.  Maybe give it a day or two and see what happens, and if you don't hear anything by Monday, contact them and inquire. 

Message 199 of 221
latest reply

George I need you help. I think you said you did have Quickbooks working not sure it was you but finally I am able to get the ebay app to work. However, it looks like all I am getting are the sales and the final value fees and shipping charges are not being transferred. Is that what you found happened when you did the quickbooks

Message 200 of 221
latest reply

I just got the ebay app to work but it is not including the shipping fees or the final value fees. Is that what you experienced as well? All I see is the sales amount being put in for the product.

Message 201 of 221
latest reply

I just got the quickbooks app to finally start syncing data from Ebay app. It is synching only the net profit and there is no synch of the ebay fees or the shipping labels I buy on there. GoDaddy downloaded about at least 3-4 years of data, OH MY GOD, THE WHOLE THING IS TOTALLY UNCATEGORIZED as far as the way the quickbooks works. Now, moving foreward, with the ebay app, only the net profit is going in there without the fees and shipping labels. Now what?

Message 202 of 221
latest reply

Sorry, I never set up Quickbooks, so I don't know the answer to your question. 

Message 203 of 221
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. I guess if I end up using this instead of paper and spark I will just have to manually enter the fees and shipping in the expense categories on there, still, this should have been automated like on GoDaddy. Perhaps I will find the solution to this as well with 10 more calls to them. 

Message 204 of 221
latest reply

Regarding refunds, I saw a credit on my VISA account late night on 6/23 (i.e., a credit for about 10 months of Godaddy that I had prepaid).

Message 205 of 221
latest reply

What do you use to do your own books? I just started to write down sales and expenses, but everything is online as for receipts.

Thanks!

Message 206 of 221
latest reply

I just went into the quickbooks again today to try to sort this stuff out. Let me tell anyone this who is interested in staying with the quickbooks. This program is so complicated it will take you a month before you get this stuff organized on here. So the ebay app is finally transferring but only the net proceeds, there is no record of my shipping labels bought there, and the final value fees are not included in this transfer of data. Then, the sales amount that is coming in is coming in as an unpaid invoice!!! So now I am fiddling around with this wacko program trying to figure out how to mark it as a paid invoice. I by chance hit the right field to mark one sale as paid then could not find the right tab to do it with the rest of them again. Truly is am pulling out my hair trying to navigate through this complicated program. I suppose I will be calling them again to get a live agent to help with this.

Message 207 of 221
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I just went into the quickbooks again today to try to sort this stuff out. Let me tell anyone this who is interested in staying with the quickbooks. This program is so complicated it will take you a month before you get this stuff organized on here. So the ebay app is finally transferring but only the net proceeds, there is no record of my shipping labels bought there, and the final value fees are not included in this transfer of data. Then, the sales amount that is coming in is coming in as an unpaid invoice!!! So now I am fiddling around with this wacko program trying to figure out how to mark it as a paid invoice. I by chance hit the right field to mark one sale as paid then could not find the right tab to do it with the rest of them again. Truly is am pulling out my hair trying to navigate through this complicated program. I suppose I will be calling them again to get a live agent to help with this.

@vintagecraze50:

Greetings, Friend...
   No one can fault you at all for the above-and-beyond effort you have shown for weeks in trying to get QB to work in the manner it should. I've been monitoring your frustrating lack of progress with so many phone calls and hours of wasted time just to get almost nowhere.

I've decided to further consider My Reseller Genie (specifically designed for us eBay sellers and hopefully for Amazon and Etsy as well), or go back to downloading and saving the reports already available from eBay and Amazon, then simply and relatively quickly merging them myself into a P&L for tax purposes.

I know this may not work for big seller business models on eBay, but saving the reports and using a pencil, paper and a calculator is what I easily used at tax time before GoDaddy came along in the first place as a welcome convenience. I think this would work fairly well for most smaller to medium sellers here. I also don't see the value in paying many hundreds of $ a year for something very complicated, that I'm only going to use 10% of.  

Worth considering...

Cheers, Duffy

Message 208 of 221
latest reply

Thanks Duffy for responding. I have really tried to make this thing work and I hope my posts have alerted others who may be going to go through the same thing if they use this program. I think it was an extremely bad move for GoDaddy to suggest this alternative. They should have done more research work on finding something that was more compatible with their system. 

Message 209 of 221
latest reply

OK folks, we finally got the quickbooks to work just about perfectly. It is a more complicated program than GoDaddy initially but when you spend some time with it and learn where all the tabs, and places to access the info on it it is working fine with the exception for us that we are just adding the shipping costs manually to one of the expense registers. As I  mentioned we are getting synched the ebay sale net sale minus the final value fee’s so that’s ok because it in already taken out of the sale. Yay!

Message 210 of 221
latest reply