cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program box is being "checked" automatically!

Seller beware!

I opted out right from the beginning when eBay started to implement it (in my eBay settings) to be sure to don't use the Global Shipping Program, and ship all my international purchases myself instead.

However, as of today May 1st 2020, when listing a new item I discovered that the Global Shipping Program box in the listing edit page was being "checked" automatically !! I am glad that I always check each sections of all my listing page BEFORE I publish it, because otherwise this would have probably been overseen and posted with that Global Shipping Program setting enabled.

Once again, this Global Shipping Program settings have been disabled long ago on my eBay settings page, AND never saw (or clicked) any checked boxes in the past to enable this on any listing. This look like a new way eBay found to try to get us to use this program without our knowledge. So just be sure to double check all your listings and settings again.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Global Shipping Program box is being "checked" automatically!

EDIT: While I was 100% sure that my Global Shipping Program settings have been disabled long ago on my eBay settings page, I went to check those again right after writing this post. Sure enough, eBay turned the Global Shipping Program settings back ON !!!

I had to op-out again, which triggered an annoying "are you sure" page with eBay system promoting the fact that this program was the best for me...blablabla, and then when I insisted in the op-out process, I got another page asking me why I wanted to do this.

So basically, eBay decided to re-enable this Global Shipping Program setting to ON, despite the fact it was OFF before, WITHOUT asking us (seller) if we agree with this move. Very much HUGE seller beware right there ! If you do not want to use this Global Shipping Program, go right now now and check this setting again !
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have had this nasty little box pre-checked for seems like 2 years now. Every single time! I look for it then click on it so no GSP for my item unless I actually want it.  Also beware of them pre-checking the "add oversize photo's" to your listing. That for sure adds more fees & show up every time I list car mags or parts. Infuriating. Their pre-checked marks are quite a bit lighter than when we choose to use them. Sneaky business, like they hope we don't notice. jeez.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Wow how sneaky of them. I also had an eBay rep call my home phone a few years ago trying to sell me on the GSP. Really! Like they had nothing else to do at the time.  I politely fought with her pointing out how my international buyers hate it. The charges for them are much higher than if I just make my own shipping labels.    So rarely do my item have GSP checked.  Yet every time eBay pre-checks it for me. Like a game for them. It's my wallet you guys, get out of there!

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have trained myself to uncheck that little bow when listing or selling similar. I use the newer International shipping program and still have to uncheck the global box.

I wish they would fix this.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

After going through my shipping settings and opting out again from the global shipping program, all those boxes vanished from all my listings. Could be an easy fix for you as well, instead of going through all your listing one by one to check that box.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply