cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving credit where credit is due ... FREE RETURNS

Screenshot (1973).png

The monthly Seller Protection Summary helps to emphasize the importance of Free Returns and the benefit it has to Sellers.  We all know its not a perfect world out there so this extended protection from eBay is certainly worth it ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

You don't have to offer free returns to get that protection.   It even points out the Top Rated Seller with at least a 30 day return policy requirement.

Message 2 of 80
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

You don't have to offer free returns to get that protection.   It even points out the Top Rated Seller with at least a 30 day return policy requirement.

Actually, to have less then Positive Feedback blocked or automatically removed you DO need to offer Free Returns ... also, on every return the Seller has the option to withhold up to 50% of the purchase price within the Guidelines.

Regards,
Message 3 of 80
latest reply

You are misinformed.  Those protections are offered to Top Rated Sellers and you do not need to have free returns.  It changed in a seller update a couple of updates ago.

Message 4 of 80
latest reply

Speaking of that report, I got mine this morning and was flabbergasted to see that eBay removed 2 defects this month - I have NO IDEA what that could have been about!  As far as I know I had no defects at all, no complaints, no upset buyers.  I did accept one buyer's remorse return and had one item smashed in the mail (totally flattened 6x6x6 box - run over?) for which I refunded.  The return does show in my service metrics.  I don't care if they tell me who the buyer was, but I'd sure like to know what the defects were about. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 5 of 80
latest reply

My report showed the exact same thing. Never had any issues, not even any recent returns, yet it showed two mysterious defects that were "removed".

Maybe they just want to give us the warm and fuzzies that they are looking out for us?

YMMV.

Message 6 of 80
latest reply

Your screenshot cuts off the part where it says "To Maintain Your Protections" so I can't compare that.  Otherwise, my seller protection email looks just like yours, and I only offer 30 day returns and am a TRS.  

I think ebay uses the term "defect" more loosely than what I consider a defect.

Message 7 of 80
latest reply

@myboardid wrote:

Speaking of that report, I got mine this morning and was flabbergasted to see that eBay removed 2 defects this month - I have NO IDEA what that could have been about!  As far as I know I had no defects at all, no complaints, no upset buyers.  I did accept one buyer's remorse return and had one item smashed in the mail (totally flattened 6x6x6 box - run over?) for which I refunded.  The return does show in my service metrics.  I don't care if they tell me who the buyer was, but I'd sure like to know what the defects were about. 

LOL I can beat that. Supposedly I had SEVEN defects removed over the past 12 months. Really ebay? SEVEN? I'm a TRS, and mostly ship next day so I hardly think so.

Why do they always have this overwhelming NEED to fabricate numbers we have no way of verifying?

Message 8 of 80
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

You are misinformed.  Those protections are offered to Top Rated Sellers and you do not need to have free returns.  It changed in a seller update a couple of updates ago.

... wouldn't be the first time ... so, you are saying standard Seller Protection now includes the following:

1.  Allows Sellers to refund UP to 50% of the original purchase price?

2. Allows Sellers to withhold all of the original shipping paid?

3. Protects Sellers against less then Positive Feedback?

Regards,
Message 9 of 80
latest reply

I've had the protections occur on listings with 30 day returns. 

Really a step in the right direction.  Especially for unjust feedback.  

Message 10 of 80
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

... wouldn't be the first time ... so, you are saying standard Seller Protection now includes the following:

You can read about it in the help section

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-protections?id=4345&st=3&pos=1&query=Sell...

Message 11 of 80
latest reply

@golfingaddict   Ahhhh, that section does not include TRS Plus (that I could see) which (unless they change THAT too) requires Free Returns ...

Regards,
Message 12 of 80
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@golfingaddict   Ahhhh, that section does not include TRS Plus (that I could see) which (unless they change THAT too) requires Free Returns ...

Yes, for a listing to be considered TRS plus, you need to offer free returns, but what does that have to do with the seller protections?  What does it say in your email under "To Maintain Your Protections" ?  I wonder if yours is different than mine.

Message 13 of 80
latest reply

@fern*wood   Free Returns initially carried all the updated Seller protections ... I just wasn't current with the updated TRS Seller protections from the mentioned update

Regards,
Message 14 of 80
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@golfingaddict wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

I'm a TRS (not +), and I offer 30-day returns, but not free returns. For me:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

Message 15 of 80
latest reply