cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting runaround on deleted adult listings

Hi.

I've been listing on eBay for 20 years and this is a incredibly frustrating, long-lasting headache. I've listed some Playboy magazines (I know eBay has recently amended their regs on adult listings but Playboys are still allowed and they mention them by name as being ok) which have been taken down several times now.

I recently spoke to an agent who told me that they had been removed by mistake, that they were automatically deleted because they had the word "nudes" in the title. She told me that I would be contacted in 48 hours with a remedy and I would have access to my inactive listings and would be able to relist them (this sounded strange to me as I've never been able to see a listing again once eBay has deleted it). No one ever contacted me so I requested another chat with an agent who told me that the items were not allowed because they were "obscene." She sent me a link to the rules on adult items which she thought proved her point,  I pointed out the portion which states that "Bear (magazine), Blue (magazine), Butt (magazine), Gayletter, Mayfair, On Our Backs, Penthouse, Playboy, Playgirl, and Playguy" are allowed as long as no nudity is shown in the listing.

She refused to look at this and again told me that they were "obscene" and said one photo featured a nude woman. When pressed she admitted that the photo had no nudity and you could only see a bare back and arm but the fact that the woman was not wearing clothing despite there was no nudity was the problem. I asked to speak to someone else and she said no one was available. She did finally tell me that she would have her supervisor call me by the end of the day, but of course, no one ever called.

This has been incredibly frustrating and has been going on for several months now. Each time I contact an agent, there is a different story as to why it has happened. The first few times I was actually told that the listings should not have been taken down and was asked to relist them (incredibly time-consuming because eBay does not let you access the listings once they have deleted them), and then they just get deleted again down the road.

Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this (other than to just stop listing the items)?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Getting runaround on deleted adult listings

Sell them in the adult category and your problems will end. If you keep trying to list them where underage kids can see them Ebay will eventually boot you.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

They did the same to me, but I only see a little more than 10,000 listings.

ten_o_nine_0-1637016030239.png

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

@beatgeneration 

I would reach out to e-Bay CS on social media for clarity in your on-going issues before you end up with a suspended account.

https://m.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

Send them a private message with your Seller ID, brief summary of your ongoing issues with listings and your email addy/phone number to contact you.  (Message button, upper right)

I would not relist until you have better clear parameters regarding your lustings.

Good luck.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I don't see how I'd be booted if I'm listing an item in a category that eBay allows to be listed in that category.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Thanks for the advice. That link appears to be broken? In any case, I don't  have a facebook account. I deleted it many years ago. Is there a reason that I'd get a better response on social media over trying to address my issue on eBay?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Yes - there are dedicated Seller CS on social media.  We have had very good success with them.

Sorry on the link - cut and pasted from e-Bay.  Maybe try them on twitter?

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Thank you. I will try twitter. Do you happen to know if it's just standard eBay that I should contact on there or if there's an account for sellers trying to get issues resolved?

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

ohhhh...

aaahhhhh....

ooOOooo!!!

You guys need to stop this, if my wife finds out I'm in deep trouble.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

The customer service reps on eBay’s twitter and Facebook have authority to actually do something to help you. Have heard the Facebook team are particularly responsive. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

They are dedicated e-Bay CS just for Sellers.

https://twitter.com/askebay

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

excellent. I've reached out to them. Thanks for your help!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Hi @beatgeneration 

I would stop listing the items on eBay.

A listing is put on a bot's radar the first time it is removed ... and future listings of the item will be caught by bots quickly. 

Even if it appears you have cleared up the problem with a CS rep ... or with a supervisor ... the bot still has the listing on its radar. 

You'll start receiving penalties when you relist, which will become increasingly severe until you’re permanently suspended.  List your item somewhere else.  It just isn't worth trying to list your mags on eBay.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@beatgeneration wrote:

I don't see how I'd be booted if I'm listing an item in a category that eBay allows to be listed in that category.

I've listed some Playboy magazines which have been taken down several times now.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Your only mistake is still trying to negotiate with eBay reps from a position of reason.  Forget that approach.  Find a new place to sell your items.  I've had listings removed, then reinstated, then removed again.  (Clever trick by eBay to show more violations on my account).  There have to be better places to list items, solutions that don't cost this much and yet provide some level of seller support.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply