cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generous Donor : Scam or Real ?

I am selling casing cover for Iphones. and a random buyer send me a private message on my item asking for lowest price.

i told him i can drop to 5$ maximum because i am building my seller profile ( am new to selling)

and that 10% goes to Panda International Charity.

What do you guys think? check out the screenshot On what he replies next.

i did not give any other personal information in case it is a scam.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Scam!

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

By giving your Paypal email address

and saying it's for "payment"

you just agreed to an off-eBay transaction

which eBay has been cracking down on.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

That's hysterical. The scammer thinks he's going to scam you out of an i-phone (not a cover).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@lookng2015 wrote:
That's hysterical. The scammer thinks he's going to scam you out of an i-phone (not a cover).

Ayup. Keywords in the listing got it scooped up in the scammer's search for iPhones from newbie sellers, so the scammer (who I doubt has looked at the listing itself) is copying-and-pasting that followup message sent to the OP, after which the OP is expected to provide their email address, and the scam proceeds from there (fake payment notifications, etc.). 

So in other words, it's a complete scam, and there is no actual sale here (for either an iPhone or a case).

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Scam & expect an email from eBay & possible suspension for participating in an offsite transaction.
Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Scam.  

Nice try, though.  Pastor son studying zoology.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Absolutely right.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Personally, I wouldn't  do it. I'd class it as a scam as others here have.   Though, I would have fun responding to him.

Is he a real Marine or a civilian employed by a company that is a sub contractor to the USMC and what is that supposed to do for you? 

I'd be inclined to tell him his son should be going to an American school, not spending money in some distant land.... lol   By the way, when does one stop sending gifts, other than money, to kids in college? 

Additionally, I wouldn't use eBay to give money to charity.  Send your donations directly to the charity. That way you get the tax write off eBay is enjoying and you're not paying eBay's unknown administrative costs.  I don't know the details of eBay's charity policy. They may claim all of the money goes to that charity but if it's anything like their customer service decisions, I'd rather chose to give directly to a charity.

"Fly the Big Ones"
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I will need your Paypal email and item number scam

Click and read ^^

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 10 of 10
latest reply