cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery URL has '<' or '>'.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have for me.

I've been taking pictures & listing today. All of a sudden on my latest set of pictures, I get this message and it won't allow me to list the item. What does this mean . . .

• Gallery URL has '<' or '>'
Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Gallery URL has '<' or '>'.

Hi, I have the same problem recently. Did you solve this probloem?

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Had the same problem. Copied my description to save losing it, then cancelled the listing and relisted it again from scratch. Saved ok! None the wiser though!
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Seems to be happening more often. Usually it goes through at the last second, but guessing starting the listing again from scratch is apparently the only way it is fixed....
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The spy bots are recognising the < or > characters used in script coding, and making the assumption you are violating a https only policy.

same thing happens in listings when a model number [eg. 9876543210] is there or appears in a message you try to send... It looks like a phone number.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I got this error on a recent listing...and althought I wouldn't say I "fixed" it, I was able to bypass the error.

Do this...save your listing as a draft to finish later.  If you then try to reload and finish the draft, you will probably get the same error.  So, make a copy of the draft instead, load the new draft, and it might let you list this time.

Other things to try:  delete all your photos and upload again, try a different browser, slightly edit your photos, resave them, and upload on eBay again.  This is one of those errors that might not have ONE correct solution.  Many things might cause this I suppose?

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Same problem. I thought it might be a dropbox issue. I upload to dropbox from phone, then transfer it from my dropbox folder. Nope. Same problem when directly upload from my iphone. Definitely an ebay problem that we're having to pay for with wasted time. In my case at least 30 minutes on 1 single listing.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I get this error very often.
The above tips did not help.
I was already tortured to spend 10-30-30 minutes on drawing up (editing) lots.
You have to create everything from scratch.
The error is still not fixed and we continue to suffer.
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Did this occur after you updated Windows 10?  The same thing happened to me.  And I can get Ebay listings to work after tinkering with them, but I can't get pictures to download onto Craigs List or FaceBook Marketplace.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Hello from Japan.

It's just my assumption.

Maybe this error happens when there was a problem with uploading photos.

So I once erased all the photos and uploaded them again.

I got over this error with this method.

Hope this helps someone.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

1. Save as a draft without pictures

2. Retrieve draft, upload pictures

3. Relaunch after saved

Worked for me today.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thank you Beachboundhawaii, that's exactly what worked for me too.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Hi- this means the picture is corrupted.  Just take a new one and it will be fine.  THANKS

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I just had this problem for the first time ... I've had other issue that would prevent me from listing but I've never seen this: '<' or '>' until tonight. I did a quick search online but that did not help me. Found this forum; started reading comments and trying the suggestions. Nothing helped. 1 person said to redo your pictures; I was thinking what a headache.

I found my solution!!! Some one said to redo the listing which is normally the only thing to do but I just spent 5 hrs making a variation listing so no thank you to making a new listing from scratch.

My problem as I went back to look at my pictures on each one was that it showed 2/12 but on one of them had an error upload. I fixed the picture and it let me list it.

Hope this helps!

http://stores.ebay.com/Krazy-4-Games
Message 14 of 14
latest reply