cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTC Listings Renewals

I have noticed recently that my Good Till Cancelled items that renew automatically are renewing for longer than a month....most over 40 days.  I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and why this is happening.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

GTC Listings Renewals

As a seller, it's really important to keep up with eBay's "Seller Updates." The situation you describe was announced in the "Spring 2019 Seller Update."

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-spring/marketplace-updates.html

The unusual number of days/dates you're seeing right now is probably a one-off for the first month as the rollover procedure is adjusting for the new renewal schedule.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

GTC Listings Renewals

@pburn wrote:

As a seller, it's really important to keep up with eBay's "Seller Updates." The situation you describe was announced in the "Spring 2019 Seller Update."

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2019-spring/marketplace-updates.html

The unusual number of days/dates you're seeing right now is probably a one-off for the first month as the rollover procedure is adjusting for the new renewal schedule.

Hi @theoldpro2003@pburn is correct. This is due to the new renewal time frames for Good Til Cancelled listings. August will have some renewal dates that are longer or shorter than usual, but going forward the renewal dates will be the same each month.

The reason for the different dates in August is a result of how the system will work. Listings will renew based on the date they were originally listed, not based on the most recent renewal date. For example, if an item was listed on October 25th, 2018 and has been active all this time, then it will renew on August 25th, 2019 since the 25th was the original listing date, even if the renewal date in July was not on the 25th.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 3 of 3
latest reply