cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free listings are showing a charge???

I have a 50 free listing items per month. It's still showing. I went to relist and it's showing a charge for my items? Is anyone else having this problem?

TYI

"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any"
__ Alice Walker
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Relists count toward your 50 free listings. Just wait 2 more days to October 1 and then relist. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Relists count toward your 50 free listings. Just wait 2 more days to October 1 and then relist. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Just counted all your completeds, you've listed more than 50 items this month (including relists). 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

There's an "issue" with the listing fees if you are bulk relisting and attempting to use all of your free ones for the month (store or otherwise).

If you have X listings and attempt to relist X+n listings, you'll be charged listing fees for X+n listings rather than n listings. For example, if you have 50 free listings, and attempt to relist 55 items, you will be charged for 55 listings as if you had 0 free listings rather than the expected 5. If you click too fast, OOPS! THERE'S A CHARGE!

This is a "known issue" that has plagued the relisting feature since as long as I can remember. The only work-around is to relist exactly 50 or less, or however many free listings you have available.

Oh, and calling Ebay won't refund your listing fees, either. Even though it's a "known issue". I got hit with this once for about $10 when I was using bulk relisting. Called, they said it's a known issue, wouldn't refund my listing fees or credit me. "But you can still use your free listings for the remainder of the month as those are still available to you".

Oh boy, thanks Ebay! Way to protect us sellers!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The free insertion limit is a total of listings started in a month.

Oct 1 - 31: 50 Listings

10/1: you start (25) 7-day Auctions

Free listings left = 25

10/8: (10) of those (25) sell

10/8: Relist (15) items for another 7-day period

Free listings left = 10

10/15: (6) of those (15) items sell

10/15: Relist (9) items

Free listings left = 1

10/22: (2) of the (9) sell

10/22: Relist (1) for free .... anything after that is charged an insertion fee.

So, without even adding any NEW listings, your limit is hit before the month is up.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 5
latest reply