cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Followers Are Gone

why did ebay block you from seeing your followers? what was their point or rationale? if i'm following you & you know i'm a regular buyer wouldn't you alert me to items i buy? doesn't that increase sales? or at the very least list more stuff i'd buy.

what good is having followers if you cannot see who they are?

sometimes ebays rules or reasoning are not just epidemic but pandemic

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Followers Are Gone

@buytodayshipnextday 

It appears that eBay has recently changed the profile page. It is not clear whether this was intentional or not.

Try bookmarking this link to see members you are following or to change whether your follows are public or private:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/buytodayshipnextday/all-follows?priflwtype=people#people

Others can use the same link, just paste another username over the buytodayshipnextday.

Try this link for your own followers:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/buytodayshipnextday/followers#followers

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

of course why would you think they would let you see who is following you? Soon buyers will not even know your sellers name! 

PortableWealth
Message 3 of 20
latest reply

I recently noticed the same thing. Used to be able to see my growing number of followers, now it appears to be gone. Why would eBay do this?

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

may have something to do with them losing money and restructuring after big stock losses last april- maybe just confidentiality issues. Usually money is the bottom line

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I would guess Ebay listened to buyers and decided there are just too many sellers who are invasive to buyer's privacy. They look you up on the internet, they check to see where you live, what kind of house you have, if you have animals, an arrest record, etc. The list goes on and on and sellers do not need to know anything about a follower. If a follower likes something you have listed and has the money they will buy.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

@buytodayshipnextday 

It appears that eBay has recently changed the profile page. It is not clear whether this was intentional or not.

Try bookmarking this link to see members you are following or to change whether your follows are public or private:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/buytodayshipnextday/all-follows?priflwtype=people#people

Others can use the same link, just paste another username over the buytodayshipnextday.

Try this link for your own followers:

https://www.ebay.com/usr/buytodayshipnextday/followers#followers

The links above no longer works.  It puts you on the home or saved searches page.  Can't click on the link on your profile page anymore.  Where do we go to find out who is following us?

Change the channel!
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

@drusalina 

Those links worked for a few weeks after eBay removed the followers section of the profile page from the default display, but shortly after that the links stopped working, too. Now it is no longer possible to see who is following you.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

@martinmariner007 wrote:

may have something to do with them losing money and restructuring after big stock losses last april- maybe just confidentiality issues. Usually money is the bottom line

Or stupidity, they may have made a change elsewhere and somehow flumoxed the followers section up.

I mean you never know with this ebay, it could even be the janitor sneezed and that caused a whole chain of events the series of which eventually led to the follower's section disappearing.

That being said, to the OP...

Not all followers are necessarily buyers...

Some could be direct competitors.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@ceyvov_0 wrote:

@martinmariner007 wrote:

Or stupidity, they may have made a change elsewhere and somehow flumoxed the followers section up.

I mean you never know with this ebay, it could even be the janitor sneezed and that caused a whole chain of events the series of which eventually led to the follower's section disappearing.

That being said, to the OP...

Not all followers are necessarily buyers...

Some could be direct competitors.

That's just it,  I know I have competitors following me.  Some have stolen and even copied my ideas, photos and verbatim descriptions.

Change the channel!
Message 10 of 20
latest reply

We should be able to see our followers.  In the meantime, eBay should put a "why can't I see my followers?" button under the followers count w/an info button to click for an explanation.  Since we are not allowed to see usernames, eBay could provide city and state or just 5-digit zip code for each follower so we could at least have an inkling of whether it might be someone we know or do not know.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I agree, I'm so tired of being left in the dark about their **bleep** changes!  You shouldn't have to search forums high and low to try and find out what's going on.  

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

The best thing to do in response to this problem is to "make your own solution" if that makes sense.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to reorganize and restructure one's business so that things like that don't make a difference in one's life anymore.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I have an issue with individuals that "Follow" simply to cause problems!

I want the ability "My Right to Certain Privacy" to Block these types of individuals!

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@csdevil 

Two things

1. You can't block followers, since their IDs aren't shown to you there would be know way of knowing who they are.

2. This thread is 3 years old

Message 15 of 20
latest reply