cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up again to fraudulent buyer! PLEASE HELP!

Please help! Buyer claimed they didn’t receive the item, tracking said it was both delivered and signed for at the buyers address! 

Ebay closed the case in my favor HOWEVER! They refunded the buyer today! After the case was closed in my favor already!!

Please help! I’m in tears!!I have proof of delivery! AND I have proof from the post office that it was in fact delivered to the right address!! 

Message 1 of 429
latest reply
428 REPLIES 428

Re: Follow up again to fraudulent buyer! PLEASE HELP!

You can go the the Facebook group called Blocked Bidders on Ebay and post the id there. If feebay is not doing anything to shut this person down, she needs to be on as many people's blocked list as possible.
Message 406 of 429
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

I definitely won’t anymore! 
I had no issues last year with an item I sold worth just as much, my mom had an issue a couple months ago on her account but she got her item back. 

So I don’t understand what’s going on 😞

if I got my bag back I would have happily refunded it. 

I will never post anything over a couple hundred dollars ever again. 

I love this forum, but the one thing that bothers me is the persistent advice not to sell anything expensive on eBay. I sell items costing thousands of dollars. Never had a single issue. Most buyers are honest people. Yes, there are scammers and they are good at spotting inexperienced sellers. 

I think the advice should be be careful selling certain items here on eBay. They are what I call "I want, but not needed" items. Expensive phones, luxury personal items. Items people need for status and to show off to their friends with. Items they really don't need, can't afford but so desperately want that they resort to scams.

When you sell expensive items to companies, factories, government, hospitals, etc, they are not there to scam you. If they tell you the item you sent is not working, it is because it is not working. We see the same thing again and again with scams; phones, jewelry and expensive luxury items; handbags, shoes. 

Ebay has a service where they will sell  your expensive handbag for you. They will take a cut and set the price, but it is worry free. Once the bag is sold and you get your money, you are done. Any dispute that arises is between eBay and the buyer. You should consider that next time you sell an expensive handbag. But don't let them scare you from selling expensive stuff. 

Message 407 of 429
latest reply

I understand your perspective. The suggestion to use the eBay service for high value items might work well for some folks.

For many people, unfortunately they sell innocently not being totally aware of the eBay money back guarantee policy and that high value designer items, iphones, electronics, expensive jewelry etc. can be risky to sell.  New sellers are sometimes scam targets. Even experienced sellers find themselves in no-win situations. 

The best suggestions I have gotten here are: Do not sell what you cannot afford to lose, do the best you can to avoid risk, build in a percentage in every sale to help cover the occasional situation that goes bad, vet buyers when possible, set your restrictions.  And finally, when a sale goes sour if you get so upset that it affects your life reconsider if online selling is worth it for you - if not why make yourself miserable. 

Message 408 of 429
latest reply

I love this forum, but the one thing that bothers me is the persistent advice not to sell anything expensive on eBay. I sell items costing thousands of dollars. Never had a single issue. Most buyers are honest people. Yes, there are scammers and they are good at spotting inexperienced sellers. 

I think the advice should be be careful selling certain items here on eBay. They are what I call "I want, but not needed" items. Expensive phones, luxury personal items. Items people need for status and to show off to their friends with. Items they really don't need, can't afford but so desperately want that they resort to scams.

When you sell expensive items to companies, factories, government, hospitals, etc, they are not there to scam you. If they tell you the item you sent is not working, it is because it is not working. We see the same thing again and again with scams; phones, jewelry and expensive luxury items; handbags, shoes. 

Ebay has a service where they will sell  your expensive handbag for you. They will take a cut and set the price, but it is worry free. Once the bag is sold and you get your money, you are done. Any dispute that arises is between eBay and the buyer. You should consider that next time you sell an expensive handbag. But don't let them scare you from selling expensive stuff. 

I'm glad you have found a niche where dishonest customers are few and far between.  Unfortunately the majority of high value sales are from non-necessities.  I sell expensive items too but not without a sense of dread.  At least the majority of my buyers are long time repeat customers but it's too easy for even an experienced seller to lose if s/he hasn't crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.  And in this particular case, the OP even had it closed in her favor only to have eBay reverse it.  So with seller protection like this, of course most of the seasoned posters are going to advise not selling anything over $50 or so.  And to be perfectly honest, I kinda like that eBay never sees these potential FVFs.

Until they make this a safe trading place for BOTH sides, it's by their own doing.

Joe

Message 409 of 429
latest reply

OP, Update?

Message 410 of 429
latest reply

I completely agree about the lost FVF's. That theory could also be applied to lost sales because of the fees on shipping and the surcharges they put on some sellers. Anything that hurts sales has got to hurt FVF fees.

Message 411 of 429
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

I love this forum, but the one thing that bothers me is the persistent advice not to sell anything expensive on eBay.

This is true and has been a rebel yell on the forums for the last calendered century. Each person has a limit to what they can stomach or recover from  - it's not the money but the principle thing is noble, but it hurts when anybody gets one by you - even if its only a dollar.

How about the fact that eBay panders to the broken, hungry, or out of work person trying to eke out a mouthful of food for their babies, trying to sell a $99 rocker, not knowing it would only sell for the prescribed 99 cents eBay suggested, then having to pay $50 in return shipping when the bottom feeder who bought it found a scratch and requests a full refund all while leaving a vile negative. Not only is that misguided seller out $50 x 2 but also eBay/Paypal fees too.

If eBay persists with those relentless emails to small sellers looking to earn a few extra dollars but insidiously implies that you operate like Wal-Mart and take returns in stride from a filthy thief then they should stipulate that In "big old black and bloody letters, ten feet tall" during the signup process. I doubt most of the small-time sellers even know about not being able to spend their money for 180 days or that 99 cent item will ruin their credit to the end of days.
Message 412 of 429
latest reply

I’ll be honest, I have absolutely NO idea what’s going on! 
I keep getting different answers from reps and in the past week alone I got about 10 different answers 

Right now I’m just hoping the BBB report I filed against eBay will help 

Message 413 of 429
latest reply

@slati_2013 wrote:

Ebay has a service where they will sell  your expensive handbag for you. They will take a cut and set the price, but it is worry free. Once the bag is sold and you get your money, you are done. Any dispute that arises is between eBay and the buyer. You should consider that next time you sell an expensive handbag. But don't let them scare you from selling expensive stuff. 

I used that service/ seller. Found a purse at goodwill, 1960's, pretty thing, perfect condition, snakeskin. I bought it for me... but then looked it up and oh, it was a expensive thing (for me, not for some). Sent it to that seller place, they verified it, put it up for sale, took 8 months, they send me a pmt for $185.00. I would have never been able to sell it for that, genuine designer purses are a scam magnet if listed from seller who doesn't usually sell that!  I think they only (at that time) took items worth over $200... 

RIP my Kitty, my fur buddy; Gizmo. 4/9/19.
Seventeen years was not enough.
Message 414 of 429
latest reply

@repairelectronics wrote:

If eBay persists with those relentless emails to small sellers looking to earn a few extra dollars but insidiously implies that you operate like Wal-Mart and take returns in stride from a filthy thief then they should stipulate that In 
big old black and bloody letters, ten feet tall
 during the signup process. 

Oh, CW McCall! Love that song! 

RIP my Kitty, my fur buddy; Gizmo. 4/9/19.
Seventeen years was not enough.
Message 415 of 429
latest reply

Wow thank you for telling me about that service ! I’ll definitely keep that in mind if I want to sell something expensive, even though right now I don’t plan on selling anything that expensive. 

I think they should apply that service to everyone who wants to sell bags like that! Because I noticed there are a lot of fakes floating around on eBay, either sellers are knowingly or unknowngly selling them and it would really help reduce the number of scam s

Message 416 of 429
latest reply

New sellers need to be educated on the risks of selling high value scam magnet items like these outrageously priced designer purses ANYWHERE online. They need to use a service like Ebay authenticate.

Message 417 of 429
latest reply

My suggestion for selling these extremely high priced bag is this:

If you are a dealer with a good rep and a lot of these that you sell and you are successful with few scams or maybe one out of a hundred then list on your own. And you can still make a lot of money loosing at least two of these to a scammer per year.

If you are a novice with these and only have one or two to sell then Ebay needs to direct them to the Ebay Authenticate program. 

Message 418 of 429
latest reply

From posts I've read here, ebay authenticate isn't all it's cracked up to be either. I wouldn't be recommending anyone use them if they expect a decent return on their item.

Message 419 of 429
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

OH MY GOD!

this is unbelievable! I just got an EMAIL from the buyer “thanking me” for their Christmas gift with a winky face!

Well, she had it in her possession for several weeks, and as a long-time buyer and seller of high-end bags, surely knew that serial number is used on fakes. Her winking, sarcastic message to you meant "Ha ha, Scammer" 😉

Which she thinks you are.

Message 420 of 429
latest reply