cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed price duration good until cancelled

I have read many of the messages from angry ebayers; I am also very upset. Why is ebay taking control of our listings away from us? They may think it's a good idea, and even though they say 80% of ebayers use it, they are missing the point. We, the sellers, should have control over our listings. You, ebay, are forcing us to sell OUR products YOUR way. What is so wrong with giving us a variety of selling options? If someone wants to use GTC, good for them. And by the same token, if someone does not want to use it, why make them? All you are doing is causing problems. Please have enough respect for us, the sellers, to sell things our way within the usual and reasonable parameters of ebay. Please give us back the option of choosing to sell our way. Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Fixed price duration good until cancelled

I agree 100%, sellers should have the options to run their stores as they want to. We are paying for this aren't we?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree with you 100%.  They offer 100 free listings and if you want to have a fixed price item, that means in 30 days you'll be charged for 50 items automatically relisted and have lost your 50 free per month. Sounds like a money making scam to me

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I just said last night, now watch the “free promos” to be handed out like candy.

There is potential here for many sellers to rack up many thousands of dollars in fees. Individually, it won’t be hard to rack up hundreds of dollars at .30 a pop.

At best this is unscrupulous.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I just noticed this and am truly upset, and glad that I am not the only one. We need more people complaining about this...stop forcing us to sell our stuff on your time table!!! I don't like to keep my items up until they sell...it doesn't work for what I put online.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I agree, I have many things I sell for friends.  They only give me the items for a certain period of time.  I don't like good til cancelled, I like to be able to reevaluate my prices after the 10 or 30 days.  I try to rotate my stock every 6 months, good til cancelled is going to make this so much more difficult.  Not to mention the fees incurred if I am out of free listings, and what happens when I cancel the item, do I get dinged for that?  This is just such an obvious slap to seller and a cheap way to make a little money.  I know ebay is all about the buyers, but there may come a point when people get fed up and decide to sell their goods elsewhere...

Message 6 of 6
latest reply