cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Class Package--What happens to listings that are not updated during the 30 day period?

elizabeth@ebay 

From the seller news announcement:

If you ship with First Class Package, you will be able to update listings to USPS Ground Advantage over the next 30 days.

1) Does that "next 30 days" window begin on July 9th?

2) If yes, what will happen to my BIN listings if they are not updated during that 30 day window.

3) If business policies is not an option (I attempted to use them and chaos resulted), does that mean that each listing must be changed individually?

Thank you for any information.  I ask because I will be on vacation during a 30 day window which begins on July 9 and unable to revise any listings. 

Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

First Class Package--What happens to listings that are not updated during the 30 day period?

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

If you ship with First Class Package, you will be able to update listings to USPS Ground Advantage over the next 30 days.

2) If yes, what will happen to my BIN listings if they are not updated during that 30 day window.

3) If business policies is not an option (I attempted to use them and chaos resulted), does that mean that each listing must be changed individually?

Thank you for any information.  I ask because I will be on vacation during a 30 day window which begins on July 9 and unable to revise any listings. 

Hi @tealt! The 30 day window will begin on July 9th. At this time we're unaware of any consequences that may come from not updating it within 30 days. If you have no other shipping option specified than your listing will not have a valid shipping service, and your buyer will most likely receive a message that they need to reach out to you to discuss shipping. Also, listings with Retail Ground will be the ones you will need to manually update, however, listings with Parcel Select Ground will automatically update. I hope this helps clarify things, and that you have an amazing vacation 🌞

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 2 of 116
latest reply

@tealt 

3) seems "business policies" will become usable to do this once "USPS Ground Advantage" becomes available. (yes, chaos now as the option does not exist)

Message 3 of 116
latest reply

Thank you for your quick response.   It did clarify a few things, but it brought up more questions.

elizabeth@ebay   A couple more questions about listings that cannot be revised during that 30 day window that begins on July.

1) Would a member see the "no valid shipping service" message when they merely viewed the listing, or would they see it only after they had done the BIN?

2) If a listing has BIN as "free shipping" via First Class Package and also has USPS  Priority as a second non-free option, would a viewer/buyer see the non-free Priority as the shipping service?

3) You didn't say so specifically. but I am now assuming that since I don't use Business Policies, my listings will need to be updated individually (unless I can find a bulk revise method somewhere).

Message 4 of 116
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

Hi @tealt! The 30 day window will begin on July 9th. At this time we're unaware of any consequences that may come from not updating it within 30 days. If you have no other shipping option specified than your listing will not have a valid shipping service, and your buyer will most likely receive a message that they need to reach out to you to discuss shipping. Also, listings with Retail Ground will be the ones you will need to manually update, however, listings with Parcel Select Ground will automatically update. I hope this helps clarify things, and that you have an amazing vacation 🌞

It doesn't make sense to me to say you are unaware of any consequences to not updating and then state a bunch of consequences.  

I also don't understand stating only retail ground will need to be done manually, when I'm reading that 1st class pkg also needs revised.  Will something be done for us with 1st class?

elizabeth@ebay 

Message 5 of 116
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@tealt 

3) seems "business policies" will become usable to do this once "USPS Ground Advantage" becomes available. (yes, chaos now as the option does not exist)

I certainly wish that that would be true for me.

I tried Business Policies a month or so ago, then went to create a few new listings and arggggghh.  I couldn't find the Opt-Out button fast enough.

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I sell single-quantity non-repeatable items of different weights and sizes with a variety of shipping methods, sometimes free shipping and sometimes buyer pays.   I'm thinking that Business Policies was not designed for sellers like me.

Message 6 of 116
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

It doesn't make sense to me to say you are unaware of any consequences to not updating and then state a bunch of consequences.  

I also don't understand stating only retail ground will need to be done manually, when I'm reading that 1st class pkg also needs revised.  Will something be done for us with 1st class?

elizabeth@ebay 

@fern*wood what I mentioned isn't a consequence but the effect of not updating to a valid shipping service. When mentioning consequence, I was speaking in terms of an eBay applied action (such as a defect or restriction), which this would not be. Also, First Class Package will need to be manually updated, as only Parcel Select is updating automatically. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 7 of 116
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

@fern*wood what I mentioned isn't a consequence but the effect of not updating to a valid shipping service. When mentioning consequence, I was speaking in terms of an eBay applied action (such as a defect or restriction), which this would not be. Also, First Class Package will need to be manually updated, as only Retail Ground is updating automatically. 

elizabeth@ebay 

I think that you meant to type that only Parcel Select is updating automatically?

Message 8 of 116
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

@fern*wood what I mentioned isn't a consequence but the effect of not updating to a valid shipping service. When mentioning consequence, I was speaking in terms of an eBay applied action (such as a defect or restriction), which this would not be. Also, First Class Package will need to be manually updated, as only Retail Ground is updating automatically. 

elizabeth@ebay 

I think that you meant to type that only Parcel Select is updating automatically?

Oh yes, thank you so much @pjcdn2005!! I'm updating that now

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 9 of 116
latest reply

Will eBay be scanning out listing and letting us know what listings could be out of compliance?  This way we can select those listings through the bulk editor and update them in mass?  Currently I do not know of a way to use the bulk editor to look for listings that have First class as a shipping option.  If someone else knows how to do this I would love to hear it.

Message 10 of 116
latest reply

how are high volume sellers with stores or hundreds to thousands of listings suppose to do this?? Why is ebay not automatically going to be changing the first class package? It's going to be impossible to implement. business policies will not work, like the original poster said its chaos using that. so what are we suppose to do here? We can not manually change that many listings it would take months of work.

Message 11 of 116
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@tealt 

I certainly wish that that would be true for me.

I tried Business Policies a month or so ago, then went to create a few new listings and arggggghh.  I couldn't find the Opt-Out button fast enough.

Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I sell single-quantity non-repeatable items of different weights and sizes with a variety of shipping methods, sometimes free shipping and sometimes buyer pays.   I'm thinking that Business Policies was not designed for sellers like me.

Yes , that single quantity with the varying weight is what kept me away from "business policies". Still does. The wife's selling account had it, and as I did not use it on mine, I found it to be a nightmare when I looked at hers. Too many different ones.

eBay has opted me into it. I will give it a shot for doing my "updating" July 9th to see how it works out for that because I do have some listings that may benefit me to do with "business policies" for the "updating" more easily than a regular "bulk edit". I do not use "calculated" for my 1st Class. (nearly 90% of my listings)

I will have to see how that works out, but once I am "updated" the "opt out" will be my next move if not before.

Message 12 of 116
latest reply

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

@fern*wood ... Also, First Class Package will need to be manually updated, as only Parcel Select is updating automatically. 

elizabeth@ebay 

Why is this the case?  Why did they design it to automatically update one class of mail but not design it to do that for the class that is used most frequently? 

I think I'm going to wait and see how it works out before I devote so much time to editing more than half of the listings in my store. 

Message 13 of 116
latest reply

and again.......................  only if Parcel Select is the only choice offered in the listing 😊

Message 14 of 116
latest reply

@splendidthreads wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@fern*wood wrote:

elizabeth@ebay wrote:

@tealt wrote:

elizabeth@ebay 

elizabeth@ebay 

@fern*wood ... Also, First Class Package will need to be manually updated, as only Parcel Select is updating automatically. 

elizabeth@ebay 

Why is this the case?  Why did they design it to automatically update one class of mail but not design it to do that for the class that is used most frequently? 

I think I'm going to wait and see how it works out before I devote so much time to editing more than half of the listings in my store. 

You raise a good point @splendidthreads. I will be passing this feedback along. 

Elizabeth,
eBay
Message 15 of 116
latest reply