cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees on unsold item

My item had a winning bid, I contacted the bidder to arrange for them to collect the sofas and they never got back to me thus my item did not sell. I had to take it to a charity shop as I needed it moving asap. I have now been sent an invoice for fees for selling item, and I have mistakenly clicked on that bidder paid. I am totally confused how I can deal with this and have now been sent an email saying if I don't pay the fees it will go to a debt collection agency. What can I do

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Fees on unsold item

@pilli_2009 wrote:

My item had a winning bid, I contacted the bidder to arrange for them to collect the sofas and they never got back to me thus my item did not sell. I had to take it to a charity shop as I needed it moving asap. I have now been sent an invoice for fees for selling item, and I have mistakenly clicked on that bidder paid. I am totally confused how I can deal with this and have now been sent an email saying if I don't pay the fees it will go to a debt collection agency. What can I do

The normal process for dealing with an unpaid item is to report it to eBay as an unpaid item through an unpaid item dispute.

But if you can no longer do that, unfortunately I think you will need to either ontact support and try to convince them that it has not been paid, or simply pay the fees. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Fees on unsold item

Not much you can do once marking as "buyer paid" other than just paying the fees.  Hope it won't be too an expensive a lesson.  Just remember the first rule of dealing with a collection agency is to never admit to being you, never acknowledge your name.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Fees on unsold item

The final value fee is charged to your account at the time that the auction ends.  You told eBay that you had been paid for the item. As noted in the other post, you MIGHT be able to persuade a customer support rep to take pity on you.  Be grateful that the selling price wasn't higher than £185.00.  IMHO you should just pay it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Fees on unsold item

How long ago was this transaction?  Have you tried clicking on the paid box to uncheck that they paid?  I've accidentally hit that before when my screen jerked and was able to uncheck they paid.   If you can get that "paid" part fixed and the transaction wasn't too long ago, you should be able to cancel to get a credit.

There are several "ifs" in there, so if all that fails---contact ebay and beg or pay it.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Fees on unsold item

@nobody*s_perfect wrote:

. It was sold in December.

Well, that's not good.  I guess we go to plan B which is beg or pay.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply