cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback question for Non paying bidder

New here. When you have non paying bidders, do we leave negative feedback so others will know. I have 4 items that have sold and have a feeling that I'm not going to be paid for them. Two of them registered the same day as they bid, with strange IDs saying to text their cell about the items and puts in a phone number. I have sent invoices and message to all with no reply to either. TIA

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sellers have not been able to leave negatives for buyers since 2008.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thank you so there's nothing we can do but cancel order and report to ebay, which I've already done. No way to let other sellers know. 😞

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

In those cases, I do not leave feedback at all. Also, do be reminded that every time you send an invoice, it resets the 4-day payment period. 

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

After 4 full days have passed you cancel citing the reason "buyer did not pay."

The buyer gets a non-payment strike on their account and you move on.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you. I've done that so moving on. Thanks again

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Thank you, I'm glad that I saw your reply because I was about to resend a couple of the others.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

One of the very first things you need to learn as a seller is that eBay sellers are not allowed to ever leave negative FB for eBay buyers.

Unless your listings are set up to require immediate payment, your buyers have 96 hours to pay.  After that deadline, if no payment, you, the seller, can cancel, citing "did not pay" as your reason.

Those who are asking for a phone call or a text are most likely scammers.  Do not respond.

And, do not ever re-invoice.  Your buyer got an invoice.  He needs to make payment.  Your re-invoicing means that you've now given him more time to pay.

Would respectfully recommend that you take a moment to re-read eBay's information for sellers.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Make sure you add the user name to your block bidder list.  I hope this works but have had a non-paying bidder that I had added to the list before!  These bidders should be knocked off Ebay, there are some I've had that have out bid another for quite a bit of money and have the nerve not to pay!!    However there are a lot of buyers who are super nice, pay right away and leave great feedback, to make up for the deadbeats!  Good luck!

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Just block the buyers who don't pay after 4 days.

Keep in mind all buyers and sellers can read whatever feedback you leave.

Sometimes its best not to leave feedback.

I only leave positive feedback.

And hey....welcome to the 🌎 of selling on eBay.

Looks like you got the hang of it.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@barmo-7 wrote: ... so there's nothing we can do but cancel order and report to ebay, which I've already done. No way to let other sellers know. 

When you cancel a transaction based on "Buyer hasn't paid," they get a strike on their record.   Sellers have the option to automatically bids and purchases from members who have 2 or more strikes in the past 12 months.  This automatic block is more helpful than any negative feedback would have been.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Thank you ALL for your responses. I've read what I thought was most of the seller stuff, but didn't remember seeing anything about negative feedback. I have a friend helping me get the hang of it but haven't been able to get in touch with her today. Anyway. THANK YOU ALL  AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@barmo-7 wrote:

New here. When you have non paying bidders, do we leave negative feedback so others will know. I have 4 items that have sold and have a feeling that I'm not going to be paid for them. Two of them registered the same day as they bid, with strange IDs saying to text their cell about the items and puts in a phone number. I have sent invoices and message to all with no reply to either. TIA

You can bang the cancel button on those right away - they're scams. You can block the IDs but don't bother with them other than that. You can choose problem with address for that since there's no option saying "Scam attempt".

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

do we leave negative feedback so others will know.

No.

You open an Unpaid Item Dispute and get any fees back

The deadbeat gets a Strike which makes it more difficult to buy on eBay.

You can set up your Seller Preferences to do this automatically after 96 hours.

You can also set up your Seller Preferences to automatically Block any bidder with Strikes.

saying to text their cell about the items and puts in a phone number.

SCAM!

Report those scammers to eBay.

Do not ship.

Do not accept payment.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply