cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Removal

Hello, Why is it impossible to have Bad Feedback Removed?

Item was delivered, many emails before used FedEx / Buyer lost claim item never return stated FedEx stole the item he claimed. Before all this Buyer filed item not as described same day item was tracking to him with FedEx with photo of tabletop no item negated eBay policy with a go round system, putting a hold on funds and only letting me print USPS labels* Everyone on eBay said I would be fine having any bad feedback removed ahead of time, then he left BF after that, every day for a week talked to eBay who sent emails to the back office for removal after a 20 minute call to eBay staff each time. Never happened, Once Upon a Time you could talk to a person* Now associates have to email to remove that only gets denied over and over with emails submitted that never get read or reveiw. Just awful, sellers lose again..is there a bypass I don't know of to get taken down? Funny reading buyer's last statement as ironic now.

Had 100% before this seller*

The worst experience I ever had with a seller. communication was almost non existent. He created a tracking number & sat on the product for weeks. Then, it was supposedly shipped, then when I checked, it was sitting in florida. He shipped it w/ the cheapest methods possible, I guess, I wouldn’t know, never got the product. When it was brought to his attention, after many attempts to ask where it was, didn’t respond until I opened a case on him. Still no product & or money. eBay also sucks too.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Feedback Removal

It's not impossible to have bad feedback removed.

I've had bad feedback removed many times, if it meet certain criteria.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Feedback Removal

@collectiblesintime  It's not impossible.  If you believe the situation warrants it, you can submit a request here: 

https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp

follow the links, give a short explanation.  Keep it short & factual, for example provide tracking that shows you shipped it in a timely manner, within your Handling Time & that buyer opened case & lost.  I have had several removed this way, it's the quickest, easiest way.   No guarantees, but this system does work & usually within an hour, in my experience.  Bonus, no need to get on weird social media sites that are security nightmares.  

Just be sure to be clear & conscise.  I find your post unclear.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Feedback Removal

Looked at the feedback your buyer left you. 
You don’t need to call and talk to anyone, feedback removal is automated. Go here Request to remove feedback  you can also get there by clicking Help & Contact then click Request to remove feedback. 
Mentions of opening a case is grounds for removal. And if you won the case you should also state that in the comment box. 
Good luck. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Feedback Removal

@collectiblesintime wrote:

Item was delivered, many emails before used FedEx / Buyer lost claim item never return stated FedEx stole the item he claimed.

Feedback is about a buyer's opinion of a transaction, not who won the case.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Feedback Removal

I have a situation where a buyer cancelled an order, then left positive feedback but in doing so stated that "shipping charges made me throw up a little" so its not a negative or neutral feedback but that comment is negative and completely unwarranted since they cancelled the order immediately.  Additionally I pass along the ebay shipping discount and do not make any margin on postage like many sellers do.  Not sure if I should as to have this removed or just reply or simply forget about it. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Feedback Removal

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply