cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback; Is It Pretty Much a GIVEN......

...these days that buyers are not inclined to leave it these days? Years ago when I sold it seemed buyers were eager to leave it. Now they don't. I recently started selling again and out 0f 15-20 completed auctions I have maybe received 5 feedbacks. What's the deal?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Here's the deal....

1 - many buyers just come here when they want to buy something, the days of hanging out on eBay (for buyers) is pretty much over.

2 - There are thousands of places to shop online very few of the have any form of public feedback

3 - People are used to one click like a facebook or YouTube like button

4 - eBay sellers seem obssesed with feedback unlike anywhere else

5 - When a buyer purchases online it's not like the seller is doing them any big favor that they should remember to go back and give the seller a pat on the back for taking their money

6 - I always leave feedback for my buyers but I only log in with my buying id when I want to buy something

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that having a few more or a few less feedbacks means nothing.

You have left 623 feedbacks and recieved 526, that a pretty good ratio (84%) unless you are also "guilty" of not leaving feedback for some buyers or sellers.

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Feedback; Is It Pretty Much a GIVEN......  .... that it is voluntary, doesn't really mean a whole lot and most people don't seem to care about it any more?

Yes.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@avintagejoolwrote:

I recently started selling again and out 0f 15-20 completed auctions I have maybe received 5 feedbacks. What's the deal?

I have been selling on eBay for almost 20 years and that has always been the ratio, in my experience. On Amazon Marketplace, the ratio has always been much lower, maybe 10%.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@slippinjimmywrote:

You have left 623 feedbacks and recieved 526, that a pretty good ratio (84%) unless you are also "guilty" of not leaving feedback for some buyers or sellers.

Somehow, that always seems to be case with these threads....thinking

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

@thallidguywrote:

@slippinjimmywrote:

Somehow, that always seems to be case with these threads....thinking

So true, thalidguy.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@avintagejool

I've been buying and selling on eBay for 18 years ... was a powerseller until the sales dried up and it wasn't worth  my time anymore, and became a Top Rated Seller instantly when they started the program, because I already met all the requirements ...

As a buyer, I don't care if I get feedback at all, because feedback is meaningless for buyers. Positive feedback doesn't mean anything for sellers anymore either, since it doesn't factor in to the seller performance metrics. Negative/neutral feedback can hurt, but positive feedback doesn't really help a seller at all. Sellers need successfully-completed transactions, not feedback.

... lately I have found that too many sellers won't even leave feedback for their buyers after I leave positive feedback and all-5-star ratings for the seller, so now I don't leave feedback for a seller unless the seller leaves feedback for me.

The only good way to ask for feedback is by leaving feedback. If that doesn't work, well, you didn't need feedback anyway.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@avintagejoolwrote:

...these days that buyers are not inclined to leave it these days? Years ago when I sold it seemed buyers were eager to leave it. Now they don't. I recently started selling again and out 0f 15-20 completed auctions I have maybe received 5 feedbacks. What's the deal?

Generally speaking, the "deal" is that the feedback system is cumbersome, slow, and buyers have absolutely no incentive to use it. 

In your sold items I see 20 sales in the last 90 days. In your feedback I see 12 positives in the last 30 days. 

From that quick glance, I would say your buyers are leaving you feedback at a pretty high rate. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Many buyers don't know about what feedback really means.  I have a few new buyers every month.  I have a good many with under 200, then I have some with thousands.  The ones with 0 fb just sign up, buy some things, and may never use the account again.  The ones under 200 seem to be occasional buyers and sometimes leave fb, and the thousand purchase buyers are quick to leave some.  I personally don't care as long as they don't game play and open cases.  I just want the stuff out, and money in my PP account.  Ideally, they would all leave a positive, but whatever.

POsTiNg Id
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Honestly, I don't really care that much about the FB unless it's bad. If I don't get bad FB, I will assume the seller was happy with their purchase.  I do however leave FB for my buyers and sellers I buy from. 

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

"I just want the stuff out, and money in my PP account. " LOL!!!! I hear ya! That is really what it comes down to.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

"unless you are also "guilty" of not leaving feedback for some buyers or sellers.". Nope,..I am "old school". Been here since '97 (different id's). I always leave feedback. Have left over 10,000 feedbacks.
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

There are quite a few guest buyers on eBay lately and they can’t leave feedback. 

Message 13 of 13
latest reply