cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FedEx Fraud Shpping Charges Are Criminal. Sellers Should Avoid FedEx

I just wanted to share my frustration over the recent uptick in Fed Ex shipping label overcharges.  Many of the sellers on here have experienced this same problem, some are out thousands of dollars because of it.  FedEx is committing fraud and needs to be stopped.  Ebay doesn't help either, they say oh we'll dispute it but it never goes anywhere and the sellers are still out the money and then ebay gets their cut on top of it for the increased total.  Its a racket!

If there are any lawyers that want to take this on theres probably a pretty penny to be made since the overcharges are probably in the tens to hundreds of millions of dollars in fraudulent charges, not just on Ebay but everyone who has ever used FedEx and paid with a card.   A company that has one star out of 10s of thousands of reviews should tell you something.  

In the meantime sellers should avoid FedEx at all costs and pay the little extra for USPS.  I haven't used UPS very much so Im not sure if they are doing this same thing.  I will never use FedEx again and Ebay should also be held accountable for allowing this scam to continue, and taking money from the  sellers on here at the word of a company who is involved currently in 22 Class Action Lawsuits and has committed fraud in the past.  On top of your already crazy fees.  I hope there is a soon a platform where there is no middle man and is decentralized where people can sell directly to other people without a middle man extorting them for 30% of the total INCLUDING SHIPPING!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@7misterdeals7 wrote:

I hope there is a soon a platform where there is no middle man and is decentralized where people can sell directly to other people without a middle man extorting them for 30% of the total INCLUDING SHIPPING!

You can always set up your own web site.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Im not sure if you're being snarky or serious.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@7misterdeals7 wrote:

Im not sure if you're being snarky or serious.

Serious.

If you don't like the middle man, set up your own site so you can run it the way you want.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Anything helpful to add about the real problem OP brought up beyond petulant remarks? It was crazy to see how many people were victimized by this.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"...and Ebay should also be held accountable for allowing this scam to continue..."

I am sure some sellers that are familiar with Web Tools and API Portals.....but most are not.

Basically, ebay receives information provided by FedX (or any carrier for that matter) through an "API" feed from the provider. I don't see how you can hold ebay accountable...to my knowledge they have no control over the aforementioned "feed" of information......

(I know on my website I had no method to alter the figures in the API feed for USPS shipping)

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

When you buy a shipping label online the possibility is open to have surcharges applied, it's in the fine print you agreed to.     Mismeasurements, uncalibrated scales, purposeful inaccuracies and plain stupidity all can be at play.   USPS is the most reliable from my experience, I get more refunds for overpaying than cost adjustment charges.  The only way to prevent this is to pay a clerk with cash.  

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@spiffy*dynamo wrote:

Anything helpful to add about the real problem OP brought up beyond petulant remarks? It was crazy to see how many people were victimized by this.

Don't ship using UPS or FedEx, unless you do it through your own account.

The price that Ebay shows is only an estimate and both FedEx and UPS like to add extra charges after the item has been delivered.

A lot of sellers have been hit by extra charges from both of them and it's been going on as long as I've been here, it's nothing new.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I know this happens, but maybe I have just been lucky.

I've used FedEx for years for packages that go a long distance.

I have never had any issues with them.

They are the best option for me, as far as cost goes,

for things I have to ship long distances.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

There was an actual SNAFU in FedEx invoicing towards the end of March where sellers were actually overcharged.

But in general, the surcharges sellers see when using UPS or FedEx through eBay are legit. When printing a label through eBay, only a price estimate is shown and various surcharges (residential address, oversized packages, etc) are only assessed once the package enters the carrier’s stream and only then is the cost of the label actually charged.

Solutions are either to not use FedEx and/or UPS, or ship at the counter.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply