cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake items

I sold a authentic luxury hat and I have multiple luxury items on my eBay account and I buyer abused to money back eBay policy to say that it’s fake, keep the item and receive a refund.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Fake items

Did they open a case? If so, did you properly respond to it?

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

NO returns doesn't mean no refunds.

if they claim it's not authentic they get their money back.

eBay only refunds and lets them keep it when the seller doesn't accept returns or they don't provide a return label and tell hem to please return it for a refund. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

"... keep the item and receive a refund."

@tyrmur26 

Sorry, but eBay didn't allow this... you did. When the buyer opened a 'Not Authentic' claim, you could have sent a return shipping label and gotten your hat back. Live and learn...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

will if I did receive the item back or not I have proof , receipts and records form the actual company. The seller lied and and said it was fake so he can just get his money back

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

The seller lied and and said it was fake so he can just get his money back

@tyrmur26 

You are the seller... and we'll assume you didn't lie. The buyer questioned the authenticity and wanted money back. If you had approved the Return request, you'd have your authentic hat back to resell. Get it?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

will if I did receive the item back or not I have proof , receipts and records form the actual company. The seller lied and and said it was fake so he can just get his money back

@tyrmur26 

Basically, yes.  On ebay, however, you will be refunding no matter what you get back. 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

@tyrmur26 wrote:

I sold a authentic luxury hat and I have multiple luxury items on my eBay account and I buyer abused to money back eBay policy to say that it’s fake, keep the item and receive a refund.

Welcome to selling on eBay, and now as a seller:

ZZZZ_31.jpg

As eBay says, the BUYER (Customer) is always (for the most part) right... 

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

I would advise that you accept returns bottom line is you need to refund the buyer if they claim it is a fake" not as described" claim

Accept return so you are able to get item back  so you can resell it

Because as pointed out regardless of whether buyer is lying or not(and eBay does not get involved with  who is wrong and who is right )  they take buyers side and refund buyer anyway

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Fake items

Nothing "Twilight Zone" here.  OP has a "No Returns" policy.  "No Returns" does not mean "No Refunds," but it does mean that if eBay intervenes to make the refund, eBay takes "No Returns" to mean the seller does not want the item back.  As others have said, all OP ever had to do was accept the return, send the label, get the hat  back.  OP chose not to do that. 

-

Message 10 of 10
latest reply