cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Monday February 15 is a shipping holiday with USPS

No mail on Monday.  That gives you an extra cushion if you have weather delays.

good luck!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

@golfingaddict 

Thank you for the reminder!!!!

Grandma

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the reminder I did forget Monday is a Federal Holiday 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks!!! Now, if I can just remember that til Mon............sigh

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I will post here on Sunday as a reminder 😁

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I don't know about where 'you' live (I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan), but years ago I asked some friends who worked at the Post Office about Holidays and aside from Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving, mail indeed does 'move' on these other holidays. I would imagine with the bad rap they've been getting recently that they are trying even harder. If someone buys something from me this coming Saturday or Sunday I'm going to label it and take it to the main PO. It 'will' move out on Monday.
Better for customer satisfaction and better for positive feedback. (Mail will 'not' be picked up at the blue mailboxes, but if you are close to the main hub, you should follow through by taking it there).

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I think I just got schooled about shipping on postal holidays.

😲

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Just wanted to bump this up for everyone.

G.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@1grandmashope_1 wrote:

Just wanted to bump this up for everyone.

G.

Good idea Grandma! 

My PO just installed a new kiosk that reads the bar code and prints an acceptance receipt.  Used it for the first time today.  I know we are way behind the times here in my town, but I am still excited not to have to stand in line anymore.  I am going to the PO on Monday even though it's a holiday just to use the new kiosk 😀

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Woo hoo I get to deal with extra grumpy customers that expect me to ship at Prime speeds for free.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Here in the sticks there may be a mail truck making drops at the offices Monday to reduce the load on Tuesday, but not taking anything out 😐

As we are supposed to get thumped with snow a couple of times this week it may be time to go on vacay again.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:
My PO just installed a new kiosk that reads the bar code and prints an acceptance receipt.  Used it for the first time today.  I know we are way behind the times here in my town, but I am still excited not to have to stand in line anymore.  I am going to the PO on Monday even though it's a holiday just to use the new kiosk 

I had an unexpected sale at 4:00 this afternoon. Last collection from the lobby drop box before the long weekend would be at 5:45 p.m. (The PO Front Desk closes at 1:00 p.m.) Got it packed right away, stopped by the PO, got the provisional Acceptance scan on the package at the kiosk, and slammed that bad boy right into the drop chute. 😀

Checked the tracking this evening as shown on eBay, and it shows not only the provisional Acceptance scan by the kiosk but also the in-network Acceptance done by whoever emptied the drop box, and it's already on its way through Chicago. Might even arrive at the buyer's place on Tuesday.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@a_c_green

Woohoo for you!  Don't you just love it when perfect timing happens?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply