cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FVF % seems just a little high?

I just got my monthly invoice notification and at a cursory glance it seems the Total monthly Fees percentage seems a little high at 13.23%.  As a Store owner (9% FVF) and TRS PLUS (10% FVF discount).  I am just a little confused.  The dollars are a little different, in doing the math of FVFs charged and total sales dollars the percentage is 11.59% (Fees/Sales dollars), which seems high too. 

If I take my monthly sales DOLLARS x 9% FVF -(10% Discount on FVF) the difference between what I come up with and what eBay is showing I owe on fees is $ 49.92 difference.

Looks like I will have to go through the invoice line by line and see if there are any duplicates.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 22
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm still asleep.......but check to see the Total Sales figure includes the shipping amt $$.......  On some of the reports it doesn't.....so that throws off the %.......when I try to reconcile........

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I'm still asleep.......but check to see the Total Sales figure includes the shipping amt $$.......  On some of the reports it doesn't.....so that throws off the %.......when I try to reconcile........

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

@dhbookds

@dhbookds wrote:

Yes, I think you just hit the nail on the head, I opened the line by line Invoice and realized the % on shipping fees needs to be included in the total dollar amount, NOT just the item totals.  It was a month where I shipped a  fair amount of heavy things so shipping costs were high.  Glad I didn't fly off the handle and make the original post a full blown Rant until I too woke up!  You can go back to sleep now ...

Regards,
Message 3 of 22
latest reply

When dealing with anything eBay it's always best to do so with a full complement of caffeine aboard (and sometimes something a little stronger).

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

@ymeagainlord

@ymeagainlord wrote:
When dealing with anything eBay it's always best to do so with a full complement of caffeine aboard (and sometimes something a little stronger).

Ahhh, like a double-triple mocha-choka-lotte topped with whipped cream and a cherry on top ...

Regards,
Message 5 of 22
latest reply

All I have right now is a Strawberry Shake (but it did come with a cherry)

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Yep. When we sell heavy things we have to remember that with the shipping the actual fees can sometimes be as high as 15%. Something to remember to calculate when purchasing the item in the first place. 

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

I just got my monthly invoice notification and at a cursory glance it seems the Total monthly Fees percentage seems a little high at 13.23%.  As a Store owner (9% FVF) and TRS PLUS (10% FVF discount).  I am just a little confused.  The dollars are a little different, in doing the math of FVFs charged and total sales dollars the percentage is 11.59% (Fees/Sales dollars), which seems high too. 

If I take my monthly sales DOLLARS x 9% FVF -(10% Discount on FVF) the difference between what I come up with and what eBay is showing I owe on fees is $ 49.92 difference.

Looks like I will have to go through the invoice line by line and see if there are any duplicates.

Store FVF went to 9.15% on May 1st.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly

Store FVF went to 9.15% on May 1st.

Thanks for the reminder ... still, I need to check on the odd $ 49 plus difference ... I am going to have to go through the invoice line by line or download a PayPal CSV formatted file for the month, then I can sort by shipping cost and see what the total was.  It would be nice if the eBay invoices were in a format that allows exel type calculations, sorting, etc. to be done.   While I did ship some heavier items I only had 47 orders, so at the FVF 9.15%, just a rough calculation would be $ 49 / 9.15% = $ 535.00 in shipping costs (approximate average of $ 11.39 per shipment) ... so if the PayPal CSV supports about that much then that's the answer.

Regards,
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

You can download eBay invoices in csv format ... they take a bit of finagling to line up correctly (of course).

I do 2 invoice downloads every month. One in pdf for my files and one csv for "fact checking" LOL

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

You can download eBay invoices in csv format ... they take a bit of finagling to line up correctly (of course).

I do 2 invoice downloads every month. One in pdf for my files and one csv for "fact checking" LOL

Well imagine that!  I've learned something new today ... eBay would of course show the fee, I also want the total of shipping paid.

Regards,
Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Update for anyone still following this.  Checked my total shipping costs for May

$ 385.41.  Times 9.15% = $ 32.79 less 10% TRS Plus Discount = $ 29.51.

So, we are narrowing down the $ 49 descrepency to about 20 bucks ...

Regards,
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Update for anyone still following this.  Checked my total shipping costs for May

$ 385.41.  Times 9.15% = $ 32.79 less 10% TRS Plus Discount = $ 29.51.

So, we are narrowing down the $ 49 descrepency to about 20 bucks ...

TRS discount only gets applied to ITEM FVF.

Shipping Amount does not get the -10% (which is a big part of why I am switching to "free" shipping)

So

(Item x 0.0915) - ((Item x 0.0915) x 0.1) = Item FVF

Shipping x 0.0915 = Shipping FVF

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly  Thanks  again, bottomline, its worse than I thought.  More scrutiny to follow.

I am going to check the two Promos I participated in and see if there was some hidden Fee wether an item sells or not ... 147 items on one promo and 50 on another ...

Regards,
Message 14 of 22
latest reply

It's definitely the shipping that will throw it off.

If you charge for shipping, it's not included in your Total Monthly Sales figures, but your fee percentage reflects the shipping FVF charged.

Also, your store fees are part of it.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply