cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRAUD

FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS I HAVE BEEN RECOVERING FROM A PRESCRIBED DRUG THAT HAS KIND OF TRASHED MY MEMORY AND BRAIN CAPABILITIES.  I RECENTLY VISITED MY EBAY ACCOUNT(WHICH I DID NOT REMEMBER).  THERE  ARE THREE ITEMS THAT SHOW AS BEING SOLD AND REFUNDED IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF 2024.   I DID NOT SELL THESE DURING THIS TIME, THESE WERE SOLD IN PREVIOUS YEARS AND I DO NOT HAVE A RECORD OF THESE SALES TO REFER TO FOR PROOF.

WHAT I WISH TO CONVEY TO ALL SELLERS IS THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE THOSE THAT ARE FINDING INACTIVE ACCOUNTS AND SOMEHOW POSTING SALES AND THEN REQUESTING A REFUND.  I WANT TO WARN OTHERS THAT IF THEY KNOW OF THOSE THAT MAY HAVE AN INACTIVE ACCOUNT TO CHECK FOR ANY SUCH ACTIVITY.

THANK YOU

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

FRAUD

You are currently selling several items.

If you aren't selling I suggest you end those listings. They appear to be listed by you, since you seem to like typing in all caps your listings are in all caps too.  
I'm sorry, but if you had a hacker selling items they wouldn't be tools they would be listing expensive items. 
Perhaps since you say you didn't remember having an eBay account then perhaps you didn't remember listing items as well.  

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

FRAUD

By the way... you do have records of all sales going as far back as 2020  go to  All Transactions then customize the calendar for the dates you want to find transactions for. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

FRAUD

Hi.  For what it is worth, you have received 2 feedbacks within the past month and it appears you did successfully ship one of the items. Hope you get everything worked out.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

FRAUD

@jaredx wrote:

FOR THE PAST 5 YEARS I HAVE BEEN RECOVERING FROM A PRESCRIBED DRUG THAT HAS KIND OF TRASHED MY MEMORY AND BRAIN CAPABILITIES.  I RECENTLY VISITED MY EBAY ACCOUNT(WHICH I DID NOT REMEMBER).  THERE  ARE THREE ITEMS THAT SHOW AS BEING SOLD AND REFUNDED IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS OF 2024.   I DID NOT SELL THESE DURING THIS TIME, THESE WERE SOLD IN PREVIOUS YEARS AND I DO NOT HAVE A RECORD OF THESE SALES TO REFER TO FOR PROOF.

WHAT I WISH TO CONVEY TO ALL SELLERS IS THAT THERE SEEMS TO BE THOSE THAT ARE FINDING INACTIVE ACCOUNTS AND SOMEHOW POSTING SALES AND THEN REQUESTING A REFUND.  I WANT TO WARN OTHERS THAT IF THEY KNOW OF THOSE THAT MAY HAVE AN INACTIVE ACCOUNT TO CHECK FOR ANY SUCH ACTIVITY.

THANK YOU

Thank you for sharing your experience and raising awareness about this issue to help others avoid similar situations. 

Your experience serves as a valuable warning to other sellers about the potential risks associated with inactive accounts. It's essential for individuals to regularly monitor their online accounts, even if they're not actively using them, to prevent unauthorized activity and protect against potential scams or fraudulent transactions. 
Additionally, you may want to update your account security settings, such as changing your password and enabling two-factor authentication, to enhance the security of your eBay account moving forward.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

FRAUD

First you should change your password. I am not sure why somebody would be doing this, unless it is being used to launder money, but pull the tracking information for the three items and take it to your local post office. See if they can provide you with the detailed shipping information for where the items shipped from and to. 

Check your banking records and the checking account that is linked to your eBay account.  Do the financial transactions for the three items show on your banking record? If not  check with the bank that is linked to your eBay account and see what is taking place. There is more to this story and some detailed information is missing. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

FRAUD

@jaredx 

Honestly, if your memory is bad, I assume you listed and sold three items (and even shipped one of the items you sold)! You still have items up for sale.

I don't think it's fraud. Maybe you forgot that these were listed? You may want to remove the active listings you have. I hope you recover! I have a close friend who had a major heart attack 1 1/2 years ago and his memory still isn't the same (he technically died three times during that ordeal)

Message 7 of 7
latest reply