cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILING A NON-PAYING BIDDER ALERT WHAT A JOKEi

I have a bidder that hasnt payed,no reponse to invoices ,emails,etc.Now I'm trying to find where to go to file a report and I cant find it anywhere,What the h-ll is ebay doing to the sellers.Another thing is I sold a cut glass 1890' JAR WITH STERLING LID THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS and the seller drops it,damaged the hell out of it and says it was shipped that way and demanded his money back.GUESS WHO LOST ON THAT ONE.I had to eat 120.00 bucks.This is getting out of hand.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: FILING A NON-PAYING BIDDER ALERT WHAT A JOKEi

@vam194169 

What was the date of sale? After 4 days, you can file for cancellation for non-payment but if it hasn't been 4 FULL days, you won't have the cancel button.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/payment-policies/unpaid-item-policy?id=4271

It wasn't easy to find, but it is on the Site Map.

It's now confusingly being called Unpaid CANCELLATION rather than the more accurate Dispute.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

BTW, you might want to keep in mind that your responses to feedback can reflect negatively on you and your professionalism and might turn buyers off. 

May I also make a recommendation as a way to avoid non-payers. Don't do auctions. Make your listings fixed price with immediate payment required. The item isn't considered sold until payment is complete.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Ebay has been changing names like that recently, for absolutely no reason other than to throw sellers another curveball.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

How do you know the buyer dropped it? Did the buyer tell you that? If not, how do you know it was not damaged during shipping? - Remember your cost of the item, shipping and fees is what you actually lost out on, not what you sold it for. 

Non payers are an issue. Fixed price with immediate payment weeds out the non-payers.

All a part of selling "the good, the bad and the ugly." Hang in there 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

eBay notifies the buyer that it is time to pay, then a reminder. Generally there is no need for a seller to send an invoice.

each time an invoice is sent it extends the time the buyer has to pay.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks it used to be 3 days,maybe that was the problem.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

So you did not exactly know  what to do and that would be eBay's fault because .  . .?

If a buyer has not paid in 4 days, the seller cancels on day #5, citing "buyer did not pay" as the reason.

Buyer gets a strike, seller has fees refunded, seller can list again.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@vam194169 wrote:

Thanks it used to be 3 days,maybe that was the problem.

It was never 3 days - it was actually longer than it is now. 

That aside .. 

At the top of every page on the eBay selling site is a Help & Contact link.

Clicking that link and search for anything relevant ("nonpayment", "buyer did not pay", "unpaid", etc.) and it will give you a link to the "Resolving unpaid items with buyers" page. 

In fact, just going to the Help & Contact page usually shows your last few purchases (with pictures) and asks whether you need help with any of them. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply