cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exploring Diverse Perspectives: ChatGPT and Personal Prompts

In this lively eBay discussion, we delve into the fascinating world of ChatGPT and its interaction with personal prompts. Everyone brings their unique viewpoint to the table—some love it, while others remain skeptical. Do you craft your own prompts for ChatGPT? What intriguing questions do you pose to this AI companion? Share your experiences and insights! By the way, I’m using ChatGPT 4.0—curious minds want to know! 😊

And speaking of selling, what items do you have up for grabs? Let’s chat about that too! Plus, what quirky queries have you thrown at the robot? Join the conversation and let’s explore together! 🤖🛒

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Well that is an excellent example as to why I don't use the flowery language generated by ChatGPT on Ebay or in online forums such as this.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@phillyexpressgoods wrote:

In this lively eBay discussion, we delve into the fascinating world of ChatGPT and its interaction with personal prompts. Everyone brings their unique viewpoint to the table—some love it, while others remain skeptical. Do you craft your own prompts for ChatGPT? What intriguing questions do you pose to this AI companion?

I am not sure I understand how you believe ChatGPT relates to selling on eBay - which is what this community group is for.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

@phillyexpressgoods wrote:

In this lively eBay discussion, we delve into the fascinating world of ChatGPT and its interaction with personal prompts. Everyone brings their unique viewpoint to the table—some love it, while others remain skeptical. Do you craft your own prompts for ChatGPT? What intriguing questions do you pose to this AI companion? Share your experiences and insights! 

I've signed up for some courses at Electoral College, and I'm looking forward to those discussions in class.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Is the OP for real? Or is this a hallucination?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I have not used it once nor will I ever! 

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

I've tried this ChatGPT or whatever it is, don't really understand it, I can get as much happening through ebay's interactive "help" section... Just basically "what can I do for you?" and what am I supposed to say, it certainly didn't provide me with a wiring diagram for my 1997 Toro Proline, instead it told me to refer myself to Toro.com and download their whatever it is it said... I'm not dumb, I can figure out that much too.

Anyway this is the seller discussion board, care to relate something more direct to the category?

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

`I'm sure eventually there will be a post about their new amazing shipping software which allows them to BE 'quick shipping" steve (and which we're also all too dumb to understand).

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 8 of 25
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I'm far more concerned about how AI is being position in retail.  That is to say both Brick and Mortar and online as now the major retailers and associations are deeming online and Brick and Mortar are one in the same, literally.

Some articles were brought to my attention by one of the owners of a rather large political forum I've been helping try keep sane.  I was aware of the brick and mortar side of changes with AI, more effective warehousing, companies buyers (aka: Not the consumers),  AI being pursued to identify arbitrage etc.  But oh yes there is more, much more.

Handfuls of major retailers are very engaged in completely blurring the landscape of Brick and Mortar and Online retail using AI.  The days of "We saw you bought..." in post original sale are going to change dramatically towards targeted mobile notifications whereby AI will not only foster upsell in days, weeks to follow but also learn individuals spending patterns to best target them!

Where past two years the Metaverse was the buzzword in Web 4.0 or whatever care call it this year AI and supportive technologies are the rant of course.  How that applies to shopping could change everything especially online.  For example, Samsung and Apple are working on visual technologies (glasses) that likely be gifted away with phone contract / phone purchase that completely change the online retail shopping experience.  Literally like comparing MSDOS to Windows.  From what I've been able discover its like the big players all went, "Oh Metaverse?"  How about AI Universe... Be like the home shopping network but not linear, but also comparative, literally between retailers and even to point of things like seeing how this dress here looks on you.  Select, pay and it'll be delivered to you or pick right up in the stores.  Think Uber delivery and then some.  One statement I saw from a tech leader was being able purchase items and literally if they are not to the consumer the same day, within 24 hours will be in their hands at no additional expense.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

From what I've been able discover its like the big players all went, "Oh Metaverse?" How about AI Universe... Be like the home shopping network but not linear, but also comparative, literally between retailers and even to point of things like seeing how this dress here looks on you.  Select, pay and it'll be delivered to you or pick right up in the stores. Think Uber delivery and then some. One statement I saw from a tech leader was being able purchase items and literally if they are not to the consumer the same day, within 24 hours will be in their hands at no additional expense.

The innovation of these big players staggers the mind. It's almost...like going to the store yourself, doing a little shopping, paying for the item and taking it home with you right then and there! What ever will they come up with next?!

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Thanks but I don't care for AI .

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

In some past discussions about Description Compostion by AI, the prevailing concensus was that many relevent details were omitted and much 'fluff' was added. For example, the appearance of the phrase 'a must have' is going to tip the buyer off that you were too lazy to compose the description yourself and used AI as a shortcut.

Regarding adding visual technologies (glasses). The Apple goggles price range of $3,499 to $4,048 would add between $97.19 and $112.44 to the monthly payment for a 3 year phone contract. I'll respectfully decline.

Any post original sale, targeted upsell, mobile notifications would cause me to block that number and discontinue conducting business with that company.

I stand to be corrected. I estimate we are several years and revisions away from any of this being useful, practical or affordable.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

What items do you have up for grabs? Used automotive parts.

What quirky queries have you thrown at the robot? I include two sections within my descriptions entitled Removal Instructions and Installation Instructions. I ran a couple of AI tests by asking how to remove or install a specific part. The reply plagiarized my eBay description with missing and duplicated steps. I will run tests in the future and monitor for improvements.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@phillyexpressgoods  yuck ............ sounds so fake and robotic, so true to its nature

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

"Craft your own prompts" 😁

Soon all Gen AI will have to feed on will be itself. Someone called that the Habsburg Effect, where successive inbreeding begins to cause more and worse deformity (here be monsters).

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 25
latest reply