cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Seller Listing on ebay.nl or ebay.com

Should is sell on ebay.nl or ebay.com.

This is a question i have been asking alot to many different eBay Employees.

Also reading on forums i see that everyone keeps saying that items will be listed on all platforms as long as you ship internationally and that is also turned on.

However some of my items are still not viewable when searched directly on ebay.com. also i feel as if i am getting WAY less traffic on ebay.nl listings and i have tested this by doing both at the same time and .com is out prefroming the listings from ebay.nl.

Many of my ebay.nl listings just stay on 0 views for weeks and after maybe 30 days it starts getting views.

Does this mean i should convert all my current listings to ebay.com?

My main concern is that the problem might go in reverse if i list on ebay.com, i don't want to lose my european customers and it should be possible to be on both markets since i am eligble for international shipping and have been doing so frequently for the passed 2 years.

i also noticed that i rarely sell to other countries then the EU anymore in the passed USA buyers. Canada,Australie,Japan. 

For this reason i feel as if something is wrong in the system or in my settings.

i also recently noticed a slide down menu that allows you to pick which site you want to list on.

NL > USA. which is strange since it shouldn't be 2 different markets... right?

any information regarding this topic i would appreciate

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

If you click on "view listings" under my name in this forum post, you can also see only 1 item show up.

which is the item i listed specificly on ebay.com for the testing. my other items are not there.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

or visit the ebay.nl version and see the difference.

https://www.ebay.nl/str/vintagevlist

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

At one time it was true that as long as you shipped internationally and had a shipping cost to that country, your listings would be seen by people in that country regardless of which site they were on.  Then I think as eBay got bigger they changed it so that if someone on other site searched for an item like yours, they would show if it was less than xx amount of local items in that search or they showed international listings at the bottom under 'international listings'.  If you clicked on one of the seller's listings and then click on 'see seller's other listings' you would see all of their listings. 

Now, ebay seems to have changed something so that listings done on another site can often be seen only if the person changes the default search on the left side to 'worldwide.'  For example, if you click on view listings under your name on this forum you will see the one .com listing. But on the left side under item location, click on worldwide and all your listings should come up. When the item location is in the default position, the listings that you see elsewhere is not consistent.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I suspect that other sites work in a similar way but you could list a couple items on this site and see if they are searchable on any of the European sites. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply