cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message saying "Buy it Now Price is Missing"

Starting on December 26, I have lost the ability to list items.  When I push the submit button, I receive an error message that says there is no "buy it now" price in the listing.  Even when I add the price after receiving this message, the problem persists.   After contacting ebay, I tried again and was able to get a listing to go "active", however the buy it now price was automatically changed to $1.59 (not my asking price).  I chatted with ebay again and was told there was a "glitch" that would be taken care of 24 hours.  Well that time has passed and the issue is still preventing me from listing, both with an accurate price or without receiving the error message.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Ebay has told me they are aware of the problem and that the technical team is working tirelessly to fix it, but I'm dead in the water until that happens.  Would appreciate any insight or solutions anyone has developed.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you using the phone app, or a browser on a computer?

If it is a browser, what browser and version number?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Using Chrome on the computer.  Trying to figure out the number, but not sure off the top of my head.  Never listed with my phone...only use it for photos.  But maybe that will be what I have to do

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Or try a different browser on your computer.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Just tried Microsoft Edge and got the same error message

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well, it was worth a try.   It looks like this other poster 'may' be having the same or similar problem but I haven't read other posts about it so I'm not sure what else to suggest.   https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Starting-Bid-Or-Buy-It-not-glitch-Cant-li...

Customer service does tend to say things that aren't necessarily true so I wouldn't trust that they are 'tirelessly working on it'.   Perhaps try sending a DM to customer service on one of their social media platforms - Facbook, Instagram or X.(twitter)  They seem to be a lot more helpful.

You might also want to post of the technical board to see if anyone there has suggestions.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

After chatting with ebay again today, listings can go through using something called "incognito".  Ebay asked me to use this until they can come up with a fix for the problem

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I had the same problem, very annoying. But I tried browser TOR and this problem never appeared on it, I was able to finish all my drafts that was not able to finish in Chrome. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply