cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ending Good Until Cancelled Listings

I am a small seller ( Yet eBay sent me an email saying I made the top 10% of sellers in Dolls and Bears Last Week?  Strange, I thought I had a bad week!) and I have a couple of BIN Listings that are about 30 days in and are Good Until Cancelled. I can list 100 items a month without extra charges and will never get close to that ( this month I think maybe 10 Listings if I have time). Will there be any repercussions if I end the Listings? I am taking a break because I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel. I also, just want to refresh the Listings when I have time. I won’t cancel until they time out since there are watchers on two of them. The only issue would be if I wanted to list more than 100 items, correct? I have been here since 1997, but wow has eBay changed and I am sort of paranoid because there are so many more hoops to jump through than there used to be back in the day. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ending Good Until Cancelled Listings

I'm not sure I understood the exact nature of the question, but eBay counts Good until canceled listings as part of your allowed listings. If you stop it and relist it within the same month, it will probably count as 2 listings. If you are nowhere near 100 listings, that shouldn't be an issue (I didn't check your listings, just going by what you say).
Good luck with the home improvements
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Will there be any repercussions if I end the Listings?

Other than they won't sell if they are not listed the answer is NO!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I have 2 stores and a non store account. From my experience, I was doing great and after subscribing to stores, those accounts stop getting promotional free listings and traffic is dead compared to the non store. I'm at the point considering dropping the subscription stores and sticking with fewer items...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Sellers who don't have a Store subscription get 50 free insertions per month, even if their listing limit is much higher.

There are no repercussions when you end a "Good until canceled" listing early, unless you have somehow set off the eBay bots that look for signs of off-eBay transactions. If eBay thinks you sold the item off-ebay they will charge you the final value fee for the item even if you didn't sell it on eBay!  This is a newish policy and members are still gathering evidence about how it actually works.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Updates-to-the-eBay-User-Agreement/ba-p/27501592

Message 5 of 5
latest reply