cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address reset, password reset and all listings cancelled

I woke up this morning to an email on my personal email that I originally setup my eBay account on. Thought it was spam till I attempted to login with my updated email address. Went through and reset password through eBay, and found that all my listings have been cancelled, my email was set to the old email, banking info was removed and at least the last 4 reviews are now gone off my account. 

All of the listings I had up are now cancelled and I'm unable to relist them as the process errors out as well. I'm not sure what happened but is there a way to get all the cancelled listings listed again or do I have to manually create them all again. I also tried using sell similar items as well.

I have also since added in 2factor auth on the account hoping this doesn't happen again.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Not sure what happened there. Do you see your previous listings in your unsold listings? If you do, great, you can relist them easily! If not, you are going to have to re-create them. 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

They are in the unsold section. But no matter if I click relist or sell similar item it errors out. The eBay app says the listings were cancelled as it doesn't follow policy, which I find odd. They have been up for a bout a month then this all happened and the email from this morning did mentioned everything was removed from listed due to the suspicious activity 

Would connecting Zapier cause this? I use it to automate the sales and fees to waveapp for my accounting purposes.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Ah ok so the email you got was from eBay stating that they took the items down

what were the items?

Did the email state that your selling privilege's were suspended for a certain amount of time?

You do NOT want to try relisting items that eBay has taken down.  

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Can you tell us what item(s) were removed or that can't be relisted?  They may be restricted somehow. 

Did you suddenly start selling expensive items?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Attached is the email. Doesn't say anything about being suspended. Just says there was suspicious activity and the email went to the old email I had used to setup the account a few years back. I changed it recently to keep things separate from my personal email and eBay business emails.

The strange part is I was up to 19 reviews and I'm back to 15...

1000001888.png

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I had video games and VHS tapes for sale ranging from $1 auctions to $30ish set priced items. They have been listed since mid January and sold 4 items before this happened.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Do you have an easy-to-guess password?  Have you scanned your system for keyloggers?  

KrazzyKats

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

I'm sure this has nothing to do with this but there was a post this week about not being able to list multiple copies of the same DVD as it violated copyright laws ? I don't sell these items but I did read that this week a complaint from a seller and I believe they stated the listings would be taken down as it violated policy.

I am not the smartest person here but thought I would add that? 

I'm really sorry this is happening to you. 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

This is my buying id. Two weeks ago i was locked out of my selling account because ebay did not recognize my password. It took 11 days and 4 IT Tech service tickets written by ebay supervisor customer service reps before i regained access. It was the two step authentication process that would not work. I hope this does not happen to you. Ebay was unable to send me emails to my registered email address. Ebay did continue to work to fix it. They were even nice enough to call me back at times so i did not have to tell the story over to a new rep when i called. Good luck.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

My system auto scans for for issues about twice a week. Though to be safe I'll rescan it when I get home. As for the password it's an auto generated password supplied by Google when you create a password. So I hope it's not easy to guess.

As for the multiple DVD issue I'll have to find this information and read through it to see if that is what happened. As I'm not sure if that directly impacts video games or VHS... Though idk why that would remove 4 reviews and reset my email to an old email. 

I have tomorrow off from my main job so I'll have time to reach out to eBay support. Thank you all for the ideas and support.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Make sure to reboot everything, and thoroughly scan the computer or device. 

Be sure you have all the latest updates installed, as out-of-date software can cause issues.

And then ultimately, try a different browser.

KrazzyKats

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

That was the problem the google password was right. Ebay did not accept my auto fill google password and that is when the trouble started. Ebay tried to do the two step reset authentication but could not send me emails to my registered address. It was a mess no passwords forgotten just an issue with ebay technical issues. Hope all works out for you.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Yea I find it weird. I just woke up this morning and there was basically a complete reset of my account basically from when I changed the email a few months back. It's really strange. I understand of locking down the account. But resetting it to old information really confuses me. I'll let y'all know what eBay says tomorrow when or if I'm able to get a hold of them.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

IIRC, eBay addresses the account holder by their actual name, not their account name. Not doing so is pretty much indicative of a phishing email. Did this change?

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 19
latest reply