cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay turned on paid services without my permission and took my money.

Hello everyone, since September 2022, eBay, as a help for Ukrainians, has made a free opportunity to select a font and add tags to your ad. However, from January 1, 2023, this feature became paid, eBay turned it on without my permission and drove the bill to -370$. I should note that now this is a lot of money for me, more than a monthly salary, after selling a few things, I found out that I still owed $47.8! Lawlessness, please help.

ebay.jpg

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

eBay has ALWAYS charged for the Sub-Title and Bold options, while the rates have gone up over the years they have never been free.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822#section5

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

In my 4+ yrs I have been here. There has always been a charge for Sub-Titles and Bold Lettering options.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

This is another ebay known glitch. Reach out to ebay and state you did not select those features and ask for a refund credit. They may just give you one since you were charged unknowningly.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Contact eBay for Business on Facebook. You stand a better chance there than with the usual eBay c/s reps/  Do it now though, do not put it off. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I wrote a lot of messages and complaints to various authorities, all they "helped" me with was a direct link to pay for what I owed them.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

During the war, I ate 2 meals a day, but now thanks to the help of eBay, I eat 1 meal a day, thank you ebay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay kyle@ebay elizabeth@ebay I hadn't heard about this before, but it sounds like the OP is say eBay was giving a few listing features for free to Ukrainians, but that eBay stopped on the first of the year.  My guess is what happened here is good till cancelled listings renewed and charged the listing fees without the seller's knowledge.  Yes, perhaps eBay's terms and conditions technically say that since the promotion's fine text may have said it was only good through the end of the year that they're responsible for the fees.  This is a time to look past the terms and conditions, and just do what is right.  Slava Ukraini.  Please refund this seller's listing features fees, and please find all other Ukrainians who were charged for these.  Either extend the promotion or get your programmers to turn off these listing features on renewing listings, and email the seller that eBay has done so.  I'm POSITIVE eBay wasn't trying to exploit Ukrainians here, but the EFFECT of what happened here is that some Ukrainian sellers including this one have been billed a large amount of listing feature fees that they would have never have probably chosen in the first place if there hadn't been whatever promotion was running.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

As snoopwiz said though, do try eBay for Business on Facebook.  They are a much higher chance for getting this fixed than other departments you would have talked to with eBay.  

Message 9 of 9
latest reply