cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay selling account banned - no reason given

Hi I got banned permanently and the whole thing was a nightmare experience that nobody should ever experience.

It was an internal hack where my payment information was used by another ebay seller. They purchased over 5000 dollars worth of products and my bank account got messed up. I have to switch bank accounts. Paypal was involved at this time. This was when Ebay was still with Paypal. so I had to get refunded for all the products and Paypal helped with the refund . It was kind of a blame game back and forth between Ebay and Paypal but I got it sorted out in the end.

Shortly after, my seller account only got banned.(I can still buy stuff). This was due to low performance But i have 328 stars with only a 1 bad review or something. (i'm not even sure because i have restricted access to my reviews. my messages only have 19 messages in it. ( I've had this account for over 20 years). So they either restricted access to my old messages or deleted them including the message that is supposed to state the reason for the ban of my seller account. 

So when i called them it was a Latino guy due to his Latino accent. This is shortly after the ban of my seller account. I asked him why did you ban my account? He said my seller account is suspended due to low seller performance. I was like are you kidding me I've had this account forever and this cant happen my seller rating is really good, what is going on here? This guy was breathing really heavily like he was a demon or something and it was like it was something personal towards me.(first time I encountered someone so angry before, it was like he was blowing steam out of his nose and towards me "someone i do not know" "maybe he knows me" but slim chance. Anyways he acted like he knew me and continued to blow steam(heavy breathing). He told me you will be banned for 1 year. I called back 1 year later and figured out they switched it from a 1 year ban to permanent.  This whole thing is very fishy and there was so much data retention from me so I can figure out what happened. 

Is there any advise that someone can give me? or if this scenario happened to them what would you try to do?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Sorry to say, but if you were banned due to poor performance, then its game over. Having cases closed not in your favor, not shipping within handling times, too many complaints from buyers, these things can destroy your selling privileges here.

Once you fall below standard, ebay will give you a set amount of time to get your account back inline with their policies. If not, then you're permanently banned from selling.

There are other options for you to sell though, such as on platforms like Mercari, which is very similar to ebay. I honestly sell on both platforms and moved the bulk of my inventory over to Mercari this past year. Its free to list there, and you pay nothing unless something actually sells. Either way, ebay is no longer the only game in town, far from it. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

@swipester345 wrote:

It was an internal hack where my payment information was used by another ebay seller

How do you know it was an "internal" hack?

Message 3 of 3
latest reply