cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay seller for over 10 years

Hello, I've been selling on Ebay for over 10 years so I know the policy and stayed within the guidelines of the policy. I listed handmade face mask and it was removed for price gouging and I don't understand why. I check other face mask listing(SEVERAL) and I notice the prices were to high so I listed mine at a below than recommended price. I see lysol spray for $500+ yet my listing is removed for price gouging? Can someone please give me more information on why this happened and what price would be considered recommendable? 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I think you don't understand the policy.  The masks cannot be listed at all regardless of price.   The word "gouging" doesn't even appear anywhere in the announcement.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 7.51.37 AM.png

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Important-information-about-listings-associated-w...

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

The fact that they r homemade and not manufactured masks does matter a mask is a mask they r pulling ALL MASKS and LYSOL these items r not allowed during health crisis regardless of price

It would b unwise 2  list these items right now

Stay safe

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

It is not a good idea to follow what others are selling as a guide, because all those products you mention have been banned by eBay and those sellers are in violation of the rules. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

My message states price gouging only nothing about being in violation or items being banned. I still see several handmade mask on Ebay being sold several times a day. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

All masks are banned. 

Those you see will be removed; sometimes even after sold and buyers have to wait 2-3 weeks to get their money back. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Also, according to the policy you just sent I am not selling medical mask that's even in my disclaimer these are handmade face guards. They didn't tag me for violation they tag me for a price that was lower than all listed on Ebay. 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

There are thousands of members turning in listings for banned items, many use 'gouging' when reporting as it simplest to do. 

Either way, all masks are banned. 

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Handmade mask are not on the banned list which is the reason several people are selling them. According to the policy it states medical/surgical mask... ie n95.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

What don’t you understand about “don’t sell them”. DON’T SELL THEM. You are attempting to profit off a needed/wanted item during a crisis. Give them away instead. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@jeneitabeautyblessings wrote:

My message states price gouging only nothing about being in violation or items being banned. I still see several handmade mask on Ebay being sold several times a day. 

It is a "canned .......  all inclusive ....... response" to those listings.

eBay is removing/has removed hundreds of thousands of such listings for the "banned" items that can lead to price gouging, and has chosen to apparently use one standard response in the message. They are not going to set up a dozen different responses to narrow it down to the exact reason in a million messages.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

You can still sell them at Betsy's cite.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Be aware that Any titles/descriptions with the word "mask" will be flagged and/or picked up by the eBay bots.

Many sellers whose normal selling practices don't include said products and/or who don't normally sell these types of items/products may also get singled out as taking advantage of the situation at hand and as unfair as this all may seem just because other sellers have not had their items removed does not make it right. Only eBay can decide who may become "approved" sellers for any of the medical products now included in this ban. As long as the ban is in effect sellers who have had such products removed by eBay will not be able to list/re-list during the ban period.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@jeneitabeautyblessings wrote:

Also, according to the policy you just sent I am not selling medical mask that's even in my disclaimer these are handmade face guards. They didn't tag me for violation they tag me for a price that was lower than all listed on Ebay. 

Meaning all mask.

"Beginning on March 5, we implemented a ban on certain items listed on our site, which includes blocking new listings and removing existing ones that sell: masks including N95/N100 and surgical masks;"

https://community.ebay.com/t5/COVID-19-Community-Hub/We-are-Actively-Removing-Price-Gouging-Prohibit...

Have a great day.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

If that's is the case then why was your listing pulled?
Although I admit one of us has 2 b wrong and it may b me I have seen more then one thread regarding these fabric masks being pulled and one that specifically states "time 3 allow fabric/homemade masks allowed.
I believe eBay has extended the list 2 include many items in household cleaning /health products.
Items I would never expect 2 be on banned list regards

Message 15 of 15
latest reply