cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay’s slow & steady decline

It’s sad how complacent eBay has gotten, but everybody gets old & irrelevant at some point. Unfortunately, it’s the only game in town, which is why they get away with charging sellers 3x for every promoted item that sells.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Ebay’s slow & steady decline

everybody gets old & irrelevant

I would dispute that - everyone gets old (if they're lucky), but irrelevancy does not automatically happen.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

that's not a dispute that's a denial, you haven't made any points to support your denial.

I removed all my listings today, hadn't sold anything in 5 weeks, sell for more in brick and mortor, can't compete with the trilateral agreement between ebay the us goverment and the chinese government to violate the stamping act of 1906
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

eBay is not the only game in town but everyone is entitled to their own belief and opinion

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@ag47silver-us wrote:
that's not a dispute that's a denial, you haven't made any points to support your denial.

I removed all my listings today, hadn't sold anything in 5 weeks, sell for more in brick and mortor, can't compete with the trilateral agreement between ebay the us goverment and the chinese government to violate the stamping act of 1906

Huh?  I don't need to make any points - reality does that for me.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Unfortunately, it’s the only game in town....

Fortunately, that is no longer the case. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

eBay is not the only game in town but everyone is entitled to their own belief and opinion

No, ebay is not the only game in town if one is selling the ubiquitous, en-masse, get-it-any where items... But, IMO, for all other genres, it is certainly the go to, fist choice website. 

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

no you're wrong... see what i mean yet?
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

For a vast majority of people searching for something on eBay is something from the past. eBay is no longer the go to place for anything much these days...

For many years eBay was the go to place for everything whether it was unique, out of the ordinary, collectibles and such or the very common and mass-produced, but talk to the ordinary folks on the street and they'll tell you the go to place these days is definitely not eBay, but rather that A place....

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

eBay is not the only game in town but everyone is entitled to their own belief and opinion-Mr. Dutch 

You are so right ! e bay can't be the ONLY game in town when a multitude of sellers are currently making a killing on a dozen different selling venues ,, including myself . E bay USED to be the only game in town  but things have changed .  Tulips 

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

For a vast majority of people searching for something on eBay is something from the past. eBay is no longer the go to place for anything much these days...

For many years eBay was the go to place for everything whether it was unique, out of the ordinary, collectibles and such or the very common and mass-produced, but talk to the ordinary folks on the street and they'll tell you the go to place these days is definitely not eBay, but rather that A place....

Evidently they're not looking for unique items, out of the ordinary, old useful items, etc., because Amazon does not have them. All they have are commodities, and whereas it's very handy for that (particularly bulk purchases), one had best watch the prices because their 'free' shipping isn't free - one either pays for it with a yearly sub, or pays for it with higher prices, but it isn't free.

Both sites have their definite strengths and weaknesses.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

TBH, since the A subscription includes a free streaming service and some Audible perks, I’m pretty comfortable calling their shipping “free.”

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

@this*old*attic wrote:

@chapeau-noir 

TBH, since the A subscription includes a free streaming service and some Audible perks, I’m pretty comfortable calling their shipping “free.”

But it's really not, is it?  I have streaming and Audible with Amazon Unlimited, but digital services cost nothing to ship.

— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

@chapeau-noir 

It’s a crossover so to speak. The yearly subscription divided by 12 is a reasonable monthly fee for a streaming service. So it’s like shipping is free - you already got value for your money somewhere else.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Well, as of this morning I see they are near to closing a deal on selling Stub Hub and the stock temporarily is going up, so maybe some changes on this selling platform are next. I can be hopeful!

Message 15 of 16
latest reply