cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay removing messages about promotions?

metroandroid1986
Adventurer

Hello! Before Veteran's Day I received an offer from Ebay to list up to ten items for 50% off selling fees. I activated the offer and listed the items as auctions. The auctions will be over in a few days, but when I try to look for the promotion, it's completely vanished. It's not in my messages, in the promotion history, or elsewhere. I fear that this means that the promotion will be null by the time the auctions end.  Does anyone have any idea about this? I got the promotion through the REAL ebay site.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay removing messages about promotions?

Thats the exact trade off. More people can see your stuff. But you have to keep your listings to a volume that you can carefully monitor these days. Hopefully they do honor the promo, usually they do. I think they delete it to avoid people telling other people about it, since they give promos only to select groups at any one time. Heaven forbid you tell a deal site and word get out theres a sale.

Also for auctions, if you use the quicklist app, remember that they will auto relist themselves immeadiately unless sold, so you have to watch how many listings are unbid on and math up the fees for those. Ive been ending mine early because the app.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Gone from my messages too. Sometimes I think I should take screen shots of these discounts that disappear. It was supposed to be 50% off your next ten sales if they happened within the window, which I don't remember when it was to end. Didn't matter if they were fixed price or auction. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

How scummy of them.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Yes, you all need to take screen shots.  CS will deny the promotion ever existed, but you can always use the ebay facebook page to ask about what happened to the "flash" promotion if you have a picture.   LOL.  

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Mine too.  This is not the first time this has happened and it won't be the last.  This is just how Ebay rolls.  I don't get upset anymore, if they happen to honor the promotion then great, if they don't then I just chalk it up to "being Ebayed" once again.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Messages have been deleted for years now.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

LOL @ "being ebayed".  

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I've only started selling recently, so that's why I'm unaware of this. Been getting screwed up the wazoo in my first month I'll tell. Kind of makes me question why bother, if not for having the largest reach for buyers rather than your yard sale.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Thats the exact trade off. More people can see your stuff. But you have to keep your listings to a volume that you can carefully monitor these days. Hopefully they do honor the promo, usually they do. I think they delete it to avoid people telling other people about it, since they give promos only to select groups at any one time. Heaven forbid you tell a deal site and word get out theres a sale.

Also for auctions, if you use the quicklist app, remember that they will auto relist themselves immeadiately unless sold, so you have to watch how many listings are unbid on and math up the fees for those. Ive been ending mine early because the app.
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Those type of promos usually do disappear from the promo list - probably to prevent confusion because it only applies to the items listed during the promo period no matter when they sell.  

When the auctions you listed during the promo period end - check your invoice for the fees of any that sold.  There should be a notation about promo fee for those charges. 

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

I hate manually canceling re-listings too.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

The promo came back today, but it starts at midnight, even though the auctions I started because of the promo end today. I am being trolled by ebay.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

It may not be the same promo. For some reason there have been a few back to back ones latley (for those lucky enough to still be receiving any).

Best advice - if you get one and decide to use it take a screen shot of it.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

No, it's the same. I tried activating it, but was surprised to see it say it had already been activated. Weird, because when I looked up the same promotion through my browser history before, it would just say 'expired' and not give anymore information. They even changed the dates of the promotion from what I remember. This site is starting to test my patience. Once you become a seller, it's one thing after another, and what's strange is that I haven't had any poblems with customers. It's mostly the site.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

I found this on a google search because this EXACT thing happened to me with this same promotion. I thought I was going insane.  I eventually found the message in my BROWSER history from the day I clicked on it and activated it.  Otherwise it is not visible ANYwhere else in the MyEbay system. I've printed a PDF of it now while I wait on hold for 30 mins for customer service to apparently straighten this out.  Honestly, this rises to the level of class-action fraud.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply