cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay promotions

Ebay promotions I received a negative feedback from a buyer I sent them 4 Superman 500 he wanted just regular mail shipping I took pictures that with that I cant put cardboards to comics as there is a thickness limit and weight limit he said no problem I sent comics well sure enough he left me negative feedback I called Ebay to get it removed as I explained this buyer how Canada Post works sent him pictures of the weight and thickness so he knew , Well good old Ebay told me I have to wait 3 days and then call them back as there is a waiting period for feedback removals , this happened s few months back , I bought a comic darkhorse presents 54 the seller sent me the comic with no protection so obviously I left him a negative Ebay removed his negative within a few hours? I called Ebay and they couldn't give me an explanation ..way to go Ebay . also I have a store for years I get no promotion offers ever, I have friends who are new to Ebay and get 50 on Canadian site 50 on US site PLUS 500 extra promotion as auction style listing every month? Ebay come on why am I paying for a store? they told me who has no store pays 10 percent fees ..get this I pay 9.1 percent Wow Thank you Ebay you are very just with you old sellers no wonder I see sellers move to other means of selling as Ebay is doing something very crocked FIX IT EBAY

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ebay promotions

I used to get a lot of promotions too. Call back and speak with someone else. There are many helpful Ebay employees. There is also a way to email the ebay executives to escalate an unresolved issue. Don't give up my friend. The squeeky wheel gets fixed.... Take care

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ebay promotions

It looks like you got this removed already as I don't see but one older than 12 months.  Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Ebay promotions

have friends who are new to Ebay and get 50 on Canadian site 50 on US site

Any seller can do this.

There are quirks-- you have to list in the currency of the site and use Flat Rate Shipping if you are not mailing from that country.

The Fifty Free is a promotion for sellers who do not subscribe to a Store.

However, since you have a Store, you should know that you can do the same with your Store-- double the number of your listings by using both sites at no extra charge.

PLUS 500 extra promotion as auction style listing every month?

EBay promotions are for the benefit of eBay.

If they want more listings in a category, they offer a Free Listing promotion in that category.

If they want more Auctions (which are dying out rapidly and down to only about 15% of transactions) they offer Free Auctions.

Generally customers do not want to bother with Auctions, so really we're not missing any sales by not using them.

he wanted just regular mail shipping

Lucky you only got a (removed) neg on that.

Since you refer to thickness limits, I assume you mean Canada Post's 2cm max for letterpost, which is not trackable?

No tracking, no proof of delivery. No proof of delivery, no protection against phoney Not Received disputes.

Most of us Canadians do go commando on tracking, but look into Solutions for Small Business and Paypal (or SnapShip or Shippo) labels. There are some parcel rate discounts as well as the option of Expedited service which does not appear on the CPO website.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

But when a buyer demands cheaper (and usually that means untracked) shipping, it is a red flag for a planned scam.

I left ( another seller) a negative Ebay removed his negative within a few hours?

Some powersellers have the perk that no feedback can be left for them for seven days (not sure of the numbers there).

And of course, if the FB uses some terms or mentions disputes, it can be removed.

Ebay come on why am I paying for a store? they told me who has no store pays 10 percent fees ..get this I pay 9.1 percent

You also pay less for your listings.

Divide the number of listings by your Store subscription to learn how much you pay compared to the $35.35 you would be paying for your current 151 listings.

(First 50 would be free, the rest charged at 35c each.)

If you have a Basic Store you could list 250 items for your current $25 monthly-- and as mentioned above another 250 on dotCA.

And listings on dotCA are charged in loonies. There's a 25% saving right there.

Come over to the Canadian site and ask more questions about shipping. Let's not bore our neighbours with our problems.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply