cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay listing glitch

I am checking to see if anyone else is having this problem. For the 13 years I have used old sold items as a templates to list new items. Over last few weeks when i do this to list a new item part of the old item is included in the new listing. For instance I used a template from a watch that I sold one day to list surverying instrument. After I listed it it sold right for the $45 that I had on the watch when the surverying instrument was suppose to be $399.99.  So I go and look at the listing the catagory and desciption and the price all reverted back to the original listing and the heading was the survey instrument.  up until about 3 weeks ago I had never had this problem. 

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Ebay listing glitch

I have had issues and sometimes still do when I use a previous auction it reverts my pictures back to the old item not the new one once its listed

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

Dang. That is a new issue. Up until 4ish weeks ago I had no big problems with listing sellsimilar, or listing on the app in general. Its been a new problem EVERY SINGLE WEEK recently. Have yet to list this week because its taking me so long to fix last weeks screw ups. Following to see what if any workarounds people have, for when I do have time to list.

You might call this in. If you do, please do us all a favor and mention how you do not appreciate the constant changes to your selling platform, we all need consistency and this endless change roll out is generating soo many issues!
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

I did have ebay call after I refused to sell the guy the surveying instrument for $45. It was obvious that there was a problem with the listing, the catagory and description did not match the heading and he knew I could not even ship the surveying instrument for the $45. He contacted ebay and ebay saw that there was a problem with it and sided with me on it. He went so far as to even contact a lawyer.  So ebay knows about the problem.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

@gogrizzzzz wrote:

I am checking to see if anyone else is having this problem. For the 13 years I have used old sold items as a templates to list new items. Over last few weeks when i do this to list a new item part of the old item is included in the new listing. For instance I used a template from a watch that I sold one day to list surverying instrument. After I listed it it sold right for the $45 that I had on the watch when the surverying instrument was suppose to be $399.99.  So I go and look at the listing the catagory and desciption and the price all reverted back to the original listing and the heading was the survey instrument.  up until about 3 weeks ago I had never had this problem. 

This bug has been reported several times in the last few weeks and there are several threads regarding it.  When using Sell Similar from your own old listing the old selling price will "stick".  Some sellers have reported that they have to edit the listing 4 or 5 times before the new price takes hold.

@Anonymous  This bug is still causing seller and buyer abrasion.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

Dang. That is a new issue. Up until 4ish weeks ago I had no big problems with listing sellsimilar, or listing on the app in general.

I assume this is a problem with the app?  I use Sell Similar for everything, and have had no issues (other than the really old issue of eBay inserting duplicated HTML at the beginning of my Description, which I have to delete every single time I use Sell Similar or Edit on any listing).

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

@ted_200 wrote:

Dang. That is a new issue. Up until 4ish weeks ago I had no big problems with listing sellsimilar, or listing on the app in general.

I assume this is a problem with the app?  I use Sell Similar for everything, and have had no issues (other than the really old issue of eBay inserting duplicated HTML at the beginning of my Description, which I have to delete every single time I use Sell Similar or Edit on any listing).

None of the people in the other threads mentioned it to be an issue with the app.  I rarely use my own Sell Similar as a base for a new listing, I'm just stating that it's been reported.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

@dtexley3 wrote:

@ted_200 wrote:

None of the people in the other threads mentioned it to be an issue with the app.  I rarely use my own Sell Similar as a base for a new listing, I'm just stating that it's been reported.

I've seen the reports, I'm just trying to identify the source of the problem (so I don't suddenly end up with it!). 

If it's not the app, perhaps it's the Seller Hub, and/or Selling Manager?  Since I am still able operate off of the MyeBay Page, that's what I'm doing, and I don't seem to be having any issues with Sell Similar.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

Just tagging on. I've had the problem occasionally - but it seems to happens if I quickly go thru the listing changing things like format, shipping cost ect... You get the blue swirling circle that it's making the change and if I make another change before the swirly quits circling - the 2nd change doesn't take.

It may take a couple of seconds longer to list - but I make sure the previous change takes before changing something else in the listing.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

Hopefully the OP will come back and let us know if it was an app issue.

@gogrizzzzz  If you weren't using a mobile app, what browser do you use, just to cover all the bases.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

I use google chrome and it has happened on my home and work computer.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

@tunicaslot wrote:

Just tagging on. I've had the problem occasionally - but it seems to happens if I quickly go thru the listing changing things like format, shipping cost ect... You get the blue swirling circle that it's making the change and if I make another change before the swirly quits circling - the 2nd change doesn't take.

It may take a couple of seconds longer to list - but I make sure the previous change takes before changing something else in the listing.

That is actually a plausible theory.  I have a good connection, but on something poorer (shaky wireless, bad intenet provider) the circle might spin even longer, making it even easier to enter new information before the previous entry had saved.

The price won't reset until it's stopped spinning, so I never hit the List button while it is spinning.   I would imagine doing that would be even more problematic in terms of losing something you revised.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dtexley3 wrote:

@gogrizzzzz wrote:

This bug has been reported several times in the last few weeks and there are several threads regarding it.  When using Sell Similar from your own old listing the old selling price will "stick".  Some sellers have reported that they have to edit the listing 4 or 5 times before the new price takes hold.

@Anonymous  This bug is still causing seller and buyer abrasion.

Hi @dtexley3, thanks for grabbing my attention on this. I am adding the details from this report to our investigation.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

@tunicaslot wrote:

This exactly. It was okay for a while after the old Sell Your Item form went away and we got the new listing tool, but the problem came back with a vengeance.

I have to wait for most fields to "take" while the form accepts the changes before editing the next field. Listing takes twice as long.

Good night and good luck
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Ebay listing glitch

This glitch is not fixed, its been happening off and on all night long. Just had a guy lose his mind because I will not sell the galaxy s8 plus for 37.99. This is really getting old.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply