cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay keeps relisting the same sold item

An item I sold 2 months ago keeps getting relisted (not by me). It was originally a listing with variations (all have sold). Ebay keeps relisting it and it has sold 2 more times and I had to cancel the sales (and get a strike for it). Today it was back and luckily I caught it and deleted it - for the 3rd time. I shouldn't have to search my listings every day to see if it re-appears. This has happened to me on other items. I first thought it was me but now I know it is some kind of bug. Oh well, only 7 months left till I close shop after 25 years.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

So, end it and delete it.  Is there more to that?

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

If you can not end it and delete it: then end it and archive it.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Do you have the out of stock setting on?

We had this happen on a variation listing as well a couple of months back.   When the listing went back live, I modified it slightly so I could get the option to save as a template.  Then deleted it. 

We now have OOS turned off.  Had no more issues.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

How aggravating!  If it happens again: Try editing it before you end it.  Raise the price to something outrageous so if it gets listed yet again, nobody will want to buy it.  And/or remove most of the words in the title so it is less likely to show up in searches.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@katzrul15 

I have the OOS option set on all my listings.

Once the item(s) sell out, the listings is still up, but shows zero available and is invisible to buyers, but will still count toward my allotment of free listings until I end it.

This comes in handy if for future I get more of the same item or that sold item is returned.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply