cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay keeps promising to refund me.2 months later still havent received it

Here's what happened.I sold 180 records back in Dec. They got lost, customer opened a case.I opened lost package with post office.Post office couldn't find it,So they closed the case.That day I refunded the buyer.I opened insurance claim.2 days later, package tracks in route.Insurance claim denied, because package is in route ( although the only place it trackeded to was the last scan which was my own post office the day I dropped it off So it looked like it never left here The whole time.7 weeks later package gets delivered.Buyer blows me off.EBay keeps blowing me off.I'm out the records and the shipping.Any suggestions on how to get my money?

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@wastingtime101 Since the buyer would already have been refunded, when a Seller appeals, eBay pays out of their pocket since they can't go back to the buyer to say 'give the refund back'???

Yes.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 21
latest reply

My buyer bought on Dec.8, I shipped the same day. On the 18 th we noticed it never tracked, on the 20 th post office closed the search, I refunded buyer. And opened insurance claim On Dec 26 another search was opened by PO. stayed like that till Jan.23. No tracking just in transit. on Jan 28 out for delivery.I treat people as I would like to be treated.I felt bad, package wasn't just late.It was by all accounts gone.So I gave them the money back.Buyer is a real piece after all this not to even respond to me, and to not pay me.I'll never refund , for late or apparently lost shipment again. Buyer can wait forever now.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

I didn't agree to give my stuff away for free either and pay shipping.180 records from East coast to texas,And I gave her a deal! That wasn't enough Free was a really great deal ,7 weeks late ,and you don't have to pay for them. Not right! 

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

Remember when the USPS would give you your money back on items sent Priority if it was late....

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

They should just take it right out of there payment method, PayPal what ever they use in ebay.This buyer of mine is a seller also,. There sure take it off us quick enough.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@bettysbatsintheattic wrote:

They should just take it right out of there payment method, PayPal what ever they use in ebay.This buyer of mine is a seller also,. There sure take it off us quick enough.

Ebay can't do that just like none of the other similar sites can do that.  None of them can go back on the buyer and pull the money refunded to them to give it back to the seller.  It is likely if you feel strongly that they should be able to do that, you will need to lobby a much higher authority other than Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 21
latest reply