cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay is so Generous at this critical time - NOT.

Wow!  Ebay gave us 50,00 Free listings it use in just over a month.  So how would a single bookseller use even a 10th of that and if I forget to end them in 30 days they will automatically re-list and I get a huge bill.  So generous.

I've been a book-seller for over 25 years on Ebay and help build it.  They also offer to defer 50% of payments for 30 days - how about cancelling all those stupid Promo Ad and Shipping Fee & other charges Ebay keeps adding.  Help us sellers by dropping Ebay charges at this time and help us old-timers rewarding us by the years as sellers not $$$$.  There will be other future sites to sell on and We Will Remember.

Message 1 of 51
latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Ebay is so Generous at this critical time - NOT.

I agree with you. 50K listings? We are not supposed to leave the house and shelter in place and places I would normally source are closed.  This is typical ebay thinking they are doing a great thing for its sellers. This would be a great opportunity to let loyal sellers that ebay has their back by helping us with reduced fees across the board.  Wishful thinking as it is all about the money

Message 2 of 51
latest reply

Sellers using outside sources can list 50000 easily.

Sellers that can't? They don't have 50000 items to list anyway, so if you use 100, 500 or even 1000, that's definitely worth something. They are giving you a FREE CHANCE to make money. 

Message 3 of 51
latest reply

It is great that eBay offers 50,000 free listings but the bigger issue is the fees that eBay charge us, they should give us a break on the fees for this global critical time that we all facing and is hard for us even pay our bills, we all should call eBay and request not to charge fees at this moment until we all stand on all feet till this pandemic virus disappear 

Message 4 of 51
latest reply

I checked with my credit card provider, the gas station, the electric company, the grocery store, and the vet.

No one wants to give me a discount.

What is wrong with them?  Why can they not take the loss instead of me?

Message 5 of 51
latest reply

I don't have a store subscription - I'd gladly take some of the 50K free listings you received.

Ebay doesn't owe us anything other than a platform to sell stuff; It's up to each and every one of us to do the work and chart our own course, in my opinion.  i've been here for 22 years and appreciate eBay being a place a good do a little bit of business and make some extra cash!!

Message 6 of 51
latest reply

deferred fee payments, free listings...not sure why all the ingratitude when eBay was not obligated to offer anything ...

Selling on eBay is a choice!

eBay offers sellers a platform upon which to offer/sell their wares...it is up to the seller to do what is best for them while using said platform

Sellers who choose to sell on eBay and then make it their necessity, are doing so because they made that choice....

there are choices in life and those choices need to be adjusted and adapted to whatever situations occur along the way.

Sellers are not "entitled" to more than what the selling platform offers, through good times and bad...and it is up to the seller to make whatever adjustments/changes necessary to make that platform work for them...

This C-virus is a bad situation for the WHOLE world and I do feel for sellers - ALL sellers, but it seems there will be no satisfying sellers as the pleas for more/more/more  continue ...

Given what has been offered thus far to store sellers and only store sellers, it would seem that it wouldn't matter what eBay did/does, it would never be enough because one can't satisfy everyone. There never will be any kind of agreement on anything eBay does.

No matter what eBay does it will never satisfy everyone, so it's best to do whatever it takes for one's own situation.

Adjust, adapt and keeping moving along...

Stay calm and carry on as best as you can!

Message 7 of 51
latest reply

I agree EBay does not need to offer anything and I am grateful for the extra listing, however I can only hope sales pick up because deferred payments of fees just means you have a bill later, no thanks. STAY SAFE everybody

Message 8 of 51
latest reply

carlsthings
Trailblazer
Even in this social distancing I am able to source good quality good. Listing like mad has not generated sales. The free listing are only good for the BIG sellers. As has been pointed out the medium and small sellers are setting themselves up to go the opposite direction once the free listing work thru with few sales and them get hammered with relisting fees. A dangerous place to put yourself.
What eBay should do is advertise like mad Everywhere. We Are Open and Doing Business. Support us all. Then give all of us some advantage (lower fees) for putting inventory on sale. Some of my stuff I would go to 40% off just to keep inventory fresh.
Message 9 of 51
latest reply

Those of you who think eBay owes us nothing are not considering that eBay is a business. As a business they are profit driven. Just like us, they gotta make a profit or at least see a possibility to make a profit in the future We are their customers and contracted employees. They do not make money until we do WE have the same expectations they have and sell some stuff. I can do a 40% off sale on everything I have but if no one sees it it was a waste of time.. And eBay makes no money. If ebay were to promote my 40% off sale then we are a team doing what we both do best. Generate sales, hopefully a profit margin and a satisfied customer that comes back. Seems like it should be a better approach than free 50K listing that few sellers will use
Message 10 of 51
latest reply

Call eBay? really? Are you able to actually call eBay? All I seem able to do is look up my own answers, or email them. Emailing them gives them another chance to say "Not to worry" If I hear...oops...see...that phrase again I'll scream.
Phones work from home...people are using their phones...why can't eBay have phone communication.
I know these are tough times, but am I wrong to want voice contact to an eBay rep?
Message 11 of 51
latest reply

Not wrong🙂

Message 12 of 51
latest reply

ebay usually has phone support, but with this pandemic, and social distancing of 6 feet apart, I am assuming these overseas CSR are working from home, and thus using email.

I went to the post office yesterday to mail a package, and there were reminders all over to stay 6 ft apart.  There were even DOTS on the floor spaced 6 feet apart.  Went to the grocery store this morning for eggs and milk, and again reminders posted all over to stay 6 ft apart.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 13 of 51
latest reply

Deferring payments is a joke! We still have to pay it. How are we suppose to pay for an ebay store that is not making money to pay it with? My sales have gone from over $100 a day to if I'm lucky $10 a day and at $10 a day it won't even pay my store subscription. What they need to do is wave the store subscriptions until things calm down so those of us that have been with them for over 20 year so we don't have to close our stores.  I have over 4,000 listing if I have to close and lose my listing it will take me years to catch up again. They are not thinking.... How much money are they saving by not having to pay people to answer the phones, because customer service sucks right now. Sellers could get away with anything and it would be forgiven????? Higher standard please..... It's honestly hunting the good sellers, once customers have a bad experience they don't come back. 

Message 14 of 51
latest reply

I think everyone complaining should pass the buck and discount their items in this time of need otherwise be grateful.  At this time I actually can't sell my items as low as I did before because I can't buy any more stock to replace it.  I'm trying to make more money per item because I am making less money altogether.

Message 15 of 51
latest reply