cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay doesn't care about the seller

I've been selling on ebay for 22 years and can tell you right now Ebay doesn't care about the seller. The USPS is very slow right now because of the holidays and Covid issues. Ebay is taking my money after the buyer files a claim within 5 days of buying the item because it hasn't been delivered. Whenever I call ebay I never get to speak with a manager and the workers on the phones can barely speak english. I was told today that after ebay takes my money and then the item arrives I should ask the buyer to pay me.  Ebay can't make them pay me so I'm going to be out over $1000.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Ebay doesn't care about the seller

do an intercept on this item now.

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

Talk to ebay for business on Facebook you get a better service. This item not received auto refunds should be stopped this time of the year. Everyone knows including buyers about the postal delays this time of the year. Simply this year I stopped shipping for at least this whole week and half of next week to. I will get back to full selling after New Year as its just not worth the hassle, especially with INR cases. Postal service cost increases every year and USPS can't handle the parcel volume every year in Nov and Dec. I hear some sellers now use couriers instead like Fed Ex, You might want to consider using couriers especially on expensive orders like $1000.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

and I agree with the other post if you can intercept the parcel do it urgently and stop it getting delivered.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

I put our store on "Time away" two weeks ago to escape all the open formal cases for delays, complaints, and refunds, and now I notice that I am paying ten cent relisting fees while the store is shut down and no purchases possible. I am getting disheartened! 

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

So bad I have the same problem 😕 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Never keep money in your PayPal account.

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

If you've been here for 22 years then you know that eBay has never cared much about its sellers. Or put another way, ebay is concerned about their stock prices and the profits they make. They only care about sellers, or buyers or 3rd party vendors when they overlap with those profits.

But as far as I'm concerned, the CEO Meg Whitman days were the absolute worst. Today doesn't even come close to being that bad.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Helpful to realize that ebay doesn't feel the pain of others only their own.

Stay strong , enjoy the Holidays

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

@tools* 

If there are no funds in one’s PayPal account to refund, eBay pays the refund, then will send the seller to Collections if they do not reimburse them. Then one’s credit rating is ruined.

There is no way around this issue except not to sell on eBay. Every seller on the site has already agreed to this arrangement in advance when they list their first item.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

This is different than my experience.

I had a package that was delayed. eBay refunded the buyer even thought the tracking showed it was on the way.

The package arrived.  I filed for a review.

After the review, the money was returned to me.

It was simple.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I put my store on "Forever Away" (closed) and can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

If I have another buyer open a case against me because of the USPS being late, Im making a round trip around the US with a list of stops. Ok Not really but dang it sure sounds nice. These people are entitled and practically stealing from us. The post office is late. Guess what? COVID AND CHRISTMAS. Black Friday, Thanksgiving, New Years, Take your pick for why your package is late. Tracking is updating and they can see it was dropped off on time, but they still feel the need to open a case against me.  I hate ebay so much. Once Im done selling stuff to move I will NEVER use this place again, not even to buy. Rather not own the item than give ebay money. The ONLY way this site could improve, and even if the sales fees go UP, is if ebay becomes an actual middle man and we ship the item to THEM, then they ship to sellers.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

I am dealing with the same thing. Package is delayed due to Christmas and Ebay just refunded the buyer. Tracking shows it is on the way. GEZZZ  Sometimes you just get customers who are dishonest.  They know packages are delayed during the Christmas season.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

First, eBay hasn't given a shhh about sellers for years. Second, calls are outsourced to India.  Third, asking a buyer to repay you for an item you refunded that arrived after the refund was given is about as effective as asking the Easter Bunny to give you a million dollars.  Not going to happen.

eBay's disregard for sellers has been going on for years.   The ONLY thing they care about is that the buyer is satisfied.  If that comes at the cost of the seller, what do they care? It's not coming out of their pocket.

Maybe if they had to start paying up, they'd see the error in their ways.  But that's NEVER going to happen.

I've been lucky so far that no one has filed an INR against me for a late delivery.  But I'm not stupid, I know it's just a matter of time.

I put my store on vacay just to protect myself from any additional potential claims..

The only advice I can offer is if you are going to still list or sell items here while this unprecedented overload for the shipping services is going on... increase your handling time to 10 days or more and put a disclaimer in the listings saying you will ship next day, within 3 days, w/e your normal handling time is, but that the longer handling time is just to give the item extra time to arrive due to the delays.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply