cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay do NOT help sellers only buyers..its like talking to a brick wall

Hi All

This is my 1st post, i am aware of EBay and how they treat their sellers, well it happened to me. I sold an item with a certificate of authenticity, it was the genuine deal. I checked to see if the buyer had great feedback and she did, so all good. Well 2 days later after she received it she said she wanted her money back as she said it was fake. I said call the numbers on the COA, she basically called me a thief a fraudster, which really hurt. No the item is made of paper and can be copied and the coa. So basically she will copy this item and send the original i hope back to me. I called ebay and after 2 calls they basically said too bad we have favoured the buyer even though i explained its paper and i said she should call the numbers and i asked her to call the police if she believed i was a fraudster. She said in her messages she could not be bothered calling any numbers and would not call the police as they have enough to do, i explained all this to Ebay..its like talking to a brick wall, absolutely gutted and upset, absolutely no protection for sellers, so people be very carful when you sell high priced items. Shame on you ebay.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ya that sticks for sure, that's probably what is going to happen (making copies) however, this is a USA board can you post this on your UK board maybe someone has a good idea on how to approach this matter?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

This is exactly the reason why I will not sell expensive items on Ebay.  The Platform is plagued like a den of theives.  Every time I check this forum, some honest seller has been scammed and ebay does nothing. They don't care as long as top management gets their big paychecks for doing nothing.  Hopefully one day ebay will hire someone to run the company that knows the business.  Sorry this happened to you.

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@wordpress 

Unfortunately, eBay's software has misdirected you to the US community discussion board forum. While there are more similarities between the two platforms than there are differences, it would still be a better idea to post this on your "home" board to get answers from your fellow UK sellers. In order to get the best advice, you'll want to post the same issues on the ebay.co.uk discussion boards.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion-Boards/ct-p/13

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I thought another poster already gave the OP this same advice? 

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

That happens all the time on threads by a variety of posters.  At least the OP has a link now to make it easier for them.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@abfabvintage 

Differences between my post and the previous post:

1. I explained eBay's software misdirected the OP to the US boards.
  2. I explained there are differences between the two sites.
  3. I explained the OP would get better advice from the UK boards.
  4. I posted a link to the UK discussion boards.

@silverstatetreasureboxes posted good information, and my post contributed additional facts that were not mentioned in his/her post. 

If one participates in the discussion boards with any regularity, one will observe that any number of posters offer the same or similar advice to an OP, mentioning the same facts or options in post after post. I've never noticed that you've lodged an objection to any of those--and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that--but thanks for the opportunity for me to explain why I posted my comment in this thread. 🙂

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@abfabvintage. Lol oh that was me hurrying up posting and making pies at the same time! I couldn't even spell "stinks" right! @pburn. She's top notch and covered my back on this one! Thanks "p"!

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Actually, you have a better chance of a brick wall talking back to you.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

Many times I write a response to a post that no one has yet answered or written what I am posting, yet by the time I hit the reply button we end up giving the same response. I've seen four different people write almost the same reply. Most often it's a timing thing. This is a community of many folks all typing as fast as they can....

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@abfabvintage wrote:

@abfabvintage

So if there is a topic with 80 replies you read every one to make sure what you are about to type has not already been mentioned ? For your info most just read the OP's opening statement and answer regardless of what anyone else has already posted. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Well put!

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Yes, you are talking to a brick wall. You expect the buyer to make calls about the COA, and you expect buyers to call the police. They do not have to do any of that. Just accept the return as Ebay is no going to help you on this one.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@wordpress wrote:

This is my 1st post, i am aware of EBay and how they treat their sellers, well it happened to me. I sold an item with a certificate of authenticity, it was the genuine deal. 

Who issued the COA? Is it an authority that eBay recognizes? 

For example - as the VERO representative for a music artist, I can tell you that a fair number of fake autographs comes with COAs, some of which are issued by the most recognized leading "authorities".  

Obviously your item and an autograph are two completely different things, but eBay has a long list of companies whose COA's are not permitted for autographed items. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply