cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay deleting my services under Encouraging illegal activity policy

Hi

below message got from today

You listed a service to bypass an activation lock, in other words a lock considered a kill-switch option. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

But the problem is i didn't list any services to bypass activation lock 
i uploaded 2 services i provided through ebay. That is mobile phones carrier unlock service which is legal in USA. Clearly those are not bypass services to kill switch active phones

at the end i see 
This determination was made by a customer service agent.

waiting for better explanation from ebay supporter

ebay 1.PNGebay 2.PNG

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

You listed under Specialty Services category.

No item description, just the title saying "Unlock Service".

In the photos you listed your Whatsapp number, which is a violation in itself for off-eBay sales.

Don't be surprised if your other listings are removed and your entire account shut down.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 24
latest reply

You wrote:  But the problem is i didn't list any services to bypass activation lock 
i uploaded 2 services i provided through ebay. That is mobile phones carrier unlock service which is legal in USA. 

They could very well be legal in the USA but you are in Sri Lanka 

How are you able to use eIS when it is only available to sellers in the United States? 

Message 3 of 24
latest reply

In the title mentioned " Network unlock Service"  and item description was not empty 

ebay 3.PNG

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

99% buyer are from USA  

They removed my listings under

You listed a service to bypass an activation lock, in other words a lock considered a kill-switch option. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case. 

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

Ok. .. So what. You are in Sri Lanka and drop shipping items you do not own. 
Only sellers in the United States can ship with eIS. 

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

no drop shipping here 

i'm providing a remote network unlock service

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

@sida_rand wrote:

In the title mentioned " Network unlock Service"  and item description was not empty 

The listings have been removed so all I could see was the cached version, which for the second listing pictured (the only one I looked up), there was no description.

Either way, the description posted in your screenshot does not help your case.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 24
latest reply

If you are not drop shipping then you should use your location as Sri Lanka Not Washington, United States.
If you are using a location somewhere in the United States and you are actually in Sri Lanka then, yes you are drop shipping.

Message 9 of 24
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

In the photos you listed your Whatsapp number, which is a violation in itself for off-eBay sales.

Don't be surprised if your other listings are removed and your entire account shut down.

Looks like 2 more listings were removed, 7 remaining.

Did you end those listings @sida_rand or is eBay actively removing them?

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

they were hidden until i fix it 

Message 11 of 24
latest reply

You fix it by removing those listings permanently.  Otherwise you will lose your account permanently.

Message 12 of 24
latest reply

@sida_rand wrote:

they were hidden until i fix it 

@sida_rand 

Well, it looks like you got them all. I see 0 Active now. At least there's that...

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

I think they were hidden by eBay @mtgraves7984 , not by the OP, based on screenshots with the red banner shown above. In other words, OP got socked with policy violations on every listing.

GLORIOUS!

Message 14 of 24
latest reply

do you know the reason for remove my listings ?

Your listing didn't follow our Encouraging illegal activity policy. Encouraging or enabling illegal activity is not allowed

What activity didn't follow the policy

You listed a service to bypass an activation lock, in other words a lock considered a kill-switch option.

My every listing has included inebay 4.PNG title Sim unlock service/Network unlock service and a description 

Message 15 of 24
latest reply