cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Sucks Now!

I have been selling forever on ebay with positive results from my buyers! Ebay was great at first to sell stuff you no longer need, and the fees were reasonable- 

Shopping on ebay sucks- most of the items come from china- even if the store claims they are U.S based. Then it takes forever to get your stuff.

Selling on ebay has gotten worse- Ebay has become a greedy little company who now wants your "basically garage sale stuff" to be evaluated by sales performance? Seriosly?! Didn't realized selling my junk would be micro managed.  They want to shut down my account becasue I am not brining in enough money? Like seriously? My ebay is not a buiness, it's a site to get rid of **bleep**. 

If Ebay is going to treat me as if I am an empoyee and punish me based of sales performance then they need to pay me! YOU WORK FOR ME EBAY! WITHOUT SELLERS YOU ARE NOTHING!!

Ebay seems to be weeding out the small yard sale people by pushing sales performances so they can keep the big companies who have stores on ebay. Well guess what ebay- I will not shop or sell on here anylonger and will be closing both accounts.

Ebay, like any other site will eventually be old news. something better will always come along!

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Ebay Sucks Now!

Do it, whatever makes you happy, let us know how it all works out for you, good luck.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

Sorry your experience on eBay has soured. Your feedback and DSRs look great on this account. Your listings don’t look like junk thrown up but are well done. What issue did eBay give for dropping you to Below Standard ( i assume they did this)? Or do you mean you have been suspended? They don’t penalize sellers based on dollar amount earned but rather things like Out of Stock, late shipping, seller canceled transactions, etc.

It’s true eBay imposes standards on all sellers. Buyers who have poor experiences on the platform are not likely to be repeat shoppers. So to maintain a healthy buyer base, eBay has enacted seller performance standards. Many of these policies have been in place for years. Did something change for you recently that you ran afoul of the rules?

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

Well technically, eBay doesn't want to be a garage sale. So they are not looking for that kind of business.
I used to sell anything years ago... Now I only list items that are wanted and will hopefully sell for a few dollars profit.
The stuff I need to get rid of, I donate or share with family & friends.
eBay doesn't work for that kind of merchandise anymore and buyers are way savvier today.

Either way if its affecting your emotional health,its not worth it. Best of luck
Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

If it makes you feel any better, there is a woman down the street from my mom (shes lived there for 25 years) who we NEVER buy anything from though she has AT LEAST one garage sale a month.  She has some nice stuff but she makes it so **bleep** hard to just fork over teh money and take the stuff home.  She interogates you about why you are buying it, what you will be doing with it, do you understand what this is, etc etc.  Some of her prices are RIDICULOUS - $50 for old no-name t-shirts? She also lies like a rug about her stuff - it isnt an antique, its from Walmart.  I think she could do very well selling online to customers who dont interact with her in person.

My point is there are many factors that feed into the seller ratings.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

AND BTW:  No seller on Ebay sells "junk" - junk isnt worth the trouble of listing but the market takes care of that.  Junk wont sell and if it does the buyer will send it RIGHT BACK.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

@baby*mama23 wrote:
Ebay seems to be weeding out the small yard sale people by pushing sales performances so they can keep the big companies who have stores on ebay.

The seller performance standards actually favor smaller sellers, not larger ones.

Most of the metrics have a minimum number of "dings" before it takes effect, and those minimum standards can allows small sellers to stay Above Standard with percentages that far exceed what a large seller is permitted.

For instance, the transaction defect percentage for all sellers is 2% ... but it does not kick in until you have transaction defects from 4 unique buyers.

So in theory, a small seller with 10 transactions and  5 transaction defects from three different buyers - a 50% transaction defect rate - will still qualify for Above Standard.

But a larger seller with 195 transactions and just 4 transaction defects from four different buyers - a 2.1% transaction defect rate - will be rated as Below Standard.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

There has been so many changes were not sure if they are for the better or worse .   Most days the worst.  Best regards

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

Ebay is in competition with Big Bad Ama#on, and has chosen to in essence, punish sellers who chose to sell under Buy It Now by removing the 3-7-10 sales to a 30 day format. Buyers are often times driven by the "limited-time remaining" sales. I have been selling on Ebay for 3 years now, and have watched sales rapidly decline since the most recent change. Buyers are putting items in their carts & watching, but that seems to be it. Remember though, Ebay, that it is that % of that sale that keeps your shareholders happy...when people start dropping like flies, your bottom line will shrink. It's time for a new strategy. Let's watch how the new tariffs affect those stores from China.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

@baby*mama23 wrote:

I have been selling forever on ebay with positive results from my buyers! Ebay was great at first to sell stuff you no longer need, and the fees were reasonable- 

Shopping on ebay sucks- most of the items come from china- even if the store claims they are U.S based. Then it takes forever to get your stuff.

Selling on ebay has gotten worse- Ebay has become a greedy little company who now wants your "basically garage sale stuff" to be evaluated by sales performance? Seriosly?! Didn't realized selling my junk would be micro managed.  They want to shut down my account becasue I am not brining in enough money? Like seriously? My ebay is not a buiness, it's a site to get rid of **bleep**. 

If Ebay is going to treat me as if I am an empoyee and punish me based of sales performance then they need to pay me! YOU WORK FOR ME EBAY! WITHOUT SELLERS YOU ARE NOTHING!!

Ebay seems to be weeding out the small yard sale people by pushing sales performances so they can keep the big companies who have stores on ebay. Well guess what ebay- I will not shop or sell on here anylonger and will be closing both accounts.

Ebay, like any other site will eventually be old news. something better will always come along!

Great post, it seems most share your feelings. Its being destroyed by a ugly chain of terrible management. DW could absolutely be the worst of the the incompetent bunch. 

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

eBay reminds me of the guy with a basic job and a decent personality, but he only wants to date Supermodels.

He'll never get what he wants and he rejects perfectly fine women that show interest in him because they don't meet his high standards.

eBay is a great place for people without a business to sell off a few of their extra things sitting around. eBay however, wants to only have businesses sell here. But if you are a business, the likelihood that you will ether need eBay, or that eBay has a site that works for you, is low.....

Once someone starts selling 1000s of items a month, they realize that eBay is a horrible place for them. They go elsewhere. 

The seller of unique, garage sale items has one or two deals that go south and eBay holds them to a business standard. They leave......

Bottom line, if you succeed at eBay, you move on because you don't need them. The people that would do well on eBay get run off because they aren't professional enough....

Stop making me offer a warranty and 30 day returns like I'm Wal Mart. I'm not, and Wal Mart aint gonna list here because they don't need eBay.

"Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything" Colin Kaepernick the new face of NIKE
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

@baby*mama23 wrote:

Fully agree with your assessment.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

It did a long time ago...Amazon Prime.

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

Nike lost tons of money due to their Colin Kaepernick  campaign.  Guess it’s not as popular as the fake news makes it out to be.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Ebay Sucks Now!

They want to shut down my account becasue I am not brining in enough money? 

Can you please explain further? What exactly are they doing to shut down your account that is based on how much money you bring in? 

WITHOUT SELLERS YOU ARE NOTHING!!

Without all sellers eBay would definitely be nothing.

But without 5%, or 10%, or even 15% of its least productive sellers, I suspect eBay will be just fine. Very few sellers here offer items that are truly unique in sufficient volume to matter to eBay's bottom line.  

eBay is already old news. Predictions of eBay's demise have been made on this board every week for over a decade now. I'm sure that sometime over the next couple decades it will come true. 

Well guess what ebay- I will not shop or sell on here any longer and will be closing both accounts.

I am almost positive that some of the sellers who post here and claim they are leaving actually do leave. 

Message 15 of 18
latest reply