cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Shipping Supplies- Bring Back the Cubes!

I sent the ebay shipping supplies seller a message requesting the return of the 10" and 12" cubes. My last few coupons have been used almost exclusively for cube boxes.

I know there are many sellers who would like to see 6" cubes. Personally, if 14" cubes were available, I'd have a few of those on hand too.

Every ad for these I have ever purchased from had scads of completed sales showing. Low demand my well padded rear! My inkling is that those sizes were expensive to make, expensive to ship... or simply provided a lower profit margin.

I saw some discussion about the discontinuation of the cube boxes in another thread, but was thinking a separate dedicated thread would maybe help lobby ebay to give us our cubes back!

Who do I email and where?

PLEASE BRING BACK THE CUBES! 

Déjà Moo: The strange feeling that I've heard this bull before...
Message 1 of 172
latest reply
171 REPLIES 171

Re: Ebay Shipping Supplies- Bring Back the Cubes!

Brian, charge more if you need to or reduce the quantities from 25 to 20 per order. Then at least we will be able to use our coupons. If sellers don't want to pay the asking price they will get their boxes elsewhere and forgo using the coupon, but the rest of us that want to use ours will at least have an option. As it stands now I feel we were misled as to how the program was going to work  and the coupons are becoming useless!

Message 76 of 172
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:
I'll find something to buy with my coupon, even if just to resell. I do use the 6x4x4 boxes on occasion.

The 8" cubes are handy. The 10x8x6 is called the gravy boat box around here....LOL! Those two sizes got purchased last month when I discovered the bigger cubes were all sold out.

The 8x6x4 is a "2 mugger" LOL

And it fits nicely inside a Regional A 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 77 of 172
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

The 8x6x4 is a "2 mugger" LOL

And it fits nicely inside a Regional A 🙂

Now that's some info that will quietly get filed away for future reference....thanks a million!

I don't have that size, so my coupon for this quarter has to go for something... I pretty much ignore mugs at the thrift except for a quick once over. I'll have to start looking closer for interesting ones!

Message 78 of 172
latest reply

I think you nailed it.  I suspected something like that might be happening. 

Message 79 of 172
latest reply

I agree! I am so DISAPPOINTED in the lack of sizes and materials offered. I too NEED those larger sized boxes as I have a lot of dinner plates. Now I'm considering just selling them locally rather than through Ebay. 12" cube, 14" cube were great. I also loved the 18" x 14" x 12" boxes.
And NOW, the supplies available are SO limited!
Message 80 of 172
latest reply

@moo*cow*corner wrote:
I'll find something to buy with my coupon, even if just to resell. I do use the 6x4x4 boxes on occasion.

The 8" cubes are handy. The 10x8x6 is called the gravy boat box around here....LOL! Those two sizes got purchased last month when I discovered the bigger cubes were all sold out.

My "gravy boat" box is the 12x10x8, go through a lot of those.  Like smartworkin I also use a lot of 18x14x12 so I was very sad when they remove those.

For those like me that were looking into cubes at HD, you can't find them if you search Cardboard Box, you have to search Plain Brown Box.  Apparently eBay isn't the only company that can screw up a search.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 81 of 172
latest reply

It's certainly possible. If they take away the coupons all together, it's just a backdoor fee increase. A BIG one at that.
Message 82 of 172
latest reply

I don't ship very many large things anymore. Although I have a few larger boxes to cut down for custom jobs if necessary.

There's a lot more on ebay than small trinkets and clothing. We sellers who fill other niches need packaging too!
Message 83 of 172
latest reply

But it would be very eBay to do that.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 84 of 172
latest reply

Yeah, that size is necessary, especially for the gravy boats with attached underplates. I've done mostly smaller ones like Corelle and Pyrex. Two Thanksgivings seasons ago I sold every gravy boat I could get my hands on. They were everywhere and sold quickly. It was weird. This last season, there weren't many in the thrifts, so it was a bare season.

Still haven't checked HD. Best prices I've found so far is about $75 (delivered to me) for 100 boxes, 50 of each size. That annoys me. Way to go ebay!

Message 85 of 172
latest reply

Replying to myself to add a thought. That's always fun!

This means that with the imminent postage increases, my prices will have to go up at least $1-$1.50 per listing. Which also means that some things simply aren't going to be worth listing.

Breakables require a lot of time and a lot of packaging. That's just the way it is. There's nothing more disappointing as a buyer to have your purchases arrive in shards, especially if vintage or discontinued.
Message 86 of 172
latest reply

How many sellers here really believed that what was available when the coupons came out were going to still be available a year later? Or that the offerings were going to increase?

@d-k_treasures wrote:

How many sellers here really believed that what was available when the coupons came out were going to still be available a year later? Or that the offerings were going to increase?

Are you calling me gullible? 

Message 88 of 172
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

@d-k_treasures wrote:

Are you calling me gullible? 

Possibly ... Smiley Wink

Or that the quality would stay the same from the initial offerings that everyone said they liked so much ..... some enough to sign up for a store ............

Ebay Shipping Supplies.....Please bring back the CUBES!
Message 90 of 172
latest reply