cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Fix Your: Warning - offers to buy or sell outside of ebay

I wish eBay would fix their defective robot that trolls looking for phone numbers in eBay email. I received the warning email because some 'potential buyer' contacted me with 'their' information. I did not respond to the email. I called eBay.  They just told me to ignore the email.  So, like an idiot I did ignore the email. 

Well, big surprise - eBay sends me their nasty gram claiming it is for educational purposes only.  Yea right.  I feel harassed and targeted by eBay for something I did not do and was told by "EBAY" to ignore.  This is ridiculous.  I don't need to be educated on something that was not my fault, my concern, by following eBay's policy and worthless advice.    

Then they send me an email stating:    

This email serves as a confirmation about the contact that you made from us SR #:.

We would like to let you know that the warning message that you received from eBay will not count against you. We have everything documented and recorded. And we appreciate how you deal with it and that email serves more of an education.  Thanks, eBay

Ebay - fix your system!  You wasted 34 minutes of my life today on the phone with you that was NOT my fault - unbelievable.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

The Blues that assist on this Board (Ebay Employees) have stated repeatedly that they recommend responding with "I only sell and communicate on Ebay".  This way, if need be, Ebay CS can see exactly what your intentions were, which they can't see if you simply delete it.  This is the best way to protect yourself.

I understand your frustration, but protect yourself as there can be sanctions for further offenses, including suspension.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

No one said anything was your fault and nothing to fix. Assuming you did not remove the item after receiving contact info you are fine. It is a blanket warning all get so they know the rules.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply