cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Customer Service Said they couldn't talk to a person, was a Business Account. THEN HUNG UP!

Ebay, FIRE THESE PEOPLE. There needs to be quality control. 

Called with a problem, Ebay customer Service (person had American Southern accent) asked for the seller name on the account. 

This woman claimed she could not talk to a person because the account "wasn't set up" right and if it's in the name of a business, she can't talk to a person.

THEN SHE HUNG UP

Of course, the next CS person who answered the next call said that was a lie

Obviously, there are some problems with people getting paid for not working, and figuring out how to dump calls????????

She would not even listen to what the problem was.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ebay Customer Service Said they couldn't talk to a person, was a Business Account. THEN HUNG UP

@themagicmountain wrote:

Ebay, FIRE THESE PEOPLE. There needs to be quality control. 

Called with a problem, Ebay customer Service (person had American Southern accent) asked for the seller name on the account. 

This woman claimed she could not talk to a person because the account "wasn't set up" right and if it's in the name of a business, she can't talk to a person.

THEN SHE HUNG UP

Of course, the next CS person who answered the next call said that was a lie

Obviously, there are some problems with people getting paid for not working, and figuring out how to dump calls????????

She would not even listen to what the problem was.

Would a Boston brogue have made it better?

Was it your account, with your name on it? Trying to figure out who she expected to speak to if not a person. That doesn't make a whole bunch of sense.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: Ebay Customer Service Said they couldn't talk to a person, was a Business Account. THEN HUNG UP

I mentioned the AMERICAN accent because I did not want people to assume it was a forieign customer service person.

I mentioned SOUTHERN so Ebay might have some idea of what call centers this might be going on at.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

The way call centers are set up, your call is routed depending on the button you push when you get the automated system. The call was probably routed to a rep who only handles business accounts *shrug*.

You can set up a permanent PIN that will be recognized by eBay when you call.  Go here https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyeBay&CurrentPage=MyeBayPersonalInfo&gbh=1&ssPageName=STRK:ME:... and click the link for "Telephone PIN".

If you need help, that's what the boards are here for; and you will most likely get better, more definitive answers here than by calling CS. The reps are not held accountable for any opinions/advice they may give, whereas here on the boards, another poster will correct a wrong answer.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It was NOT a business account CS.

The following CS rep on the next call, who was very well trained and experienced, said that what she did was unacceptable and improper.

There are problems that people on discussion boards cannot help with lol

especailly when some of them are like the zombie person going ballistic and calling people paranoid etc etc

Message 5 of 5
latest reply