cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Allows Bad Sellers To Have Negative Feedback Removed Even With Evidence

Ebay, why are you continuing to remove negative feedback left for sellers when buyers have proven the negative is deserved?  Even after telling the buyer that the negatives would not be removed.  Ebay is making it pretty clear that they dont care about sellers/buyers with 100% positive, who strive to be honest 

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Ebay Allows Bad Sellers To Have Negative Feedback Removed Even With Evidence

You are not asking eBay, we are buyers and sellers, eBay is not here. So we would not know the whys and wherefores from either party to know why it was removed. 

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Re: Ebay Allows Bad Sellers To Have Negative Feedback Removed Even With Evidence

This is where you need to address your issue:

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If you would like to know why your feedback was removed read about it in ebay's help pages.

There are certain situations where feedback is automatically removed by ebay.

There are other instances where a buyer does or says something that violates the rules and ebay will remove feedback if reported. Feedback extortion is one example.

It's all clearly disclosed in ebay's published policy.

BTW ebay has an iron-clad Money Back Guarantee to protect buyers if something goes wrong with a purchase.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Not surprised, after this and then noticing it’s been censored: https://archive.ph/https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Help-us-improve-our-product-pages/m...

How can I tell if my feedback has been censored? I mean removed - allegedly according to policy? 

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

cough. Archived. 

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

@elvey wrote:

Not surprised, after this and then noticing it’s been censored: https://archive.ph/https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/Help-us-improve-our-product-pages/m...

How can I tell if my feedback has been censored? I mean removed - allegedly according to policy? 

A thread from 2016/2017? 

I can't even figure out what you're referring to as having been censored--something in that old, archived thread you linked or some feedback you left for someone at some point.

As that Disney character would say, "Let it go."

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@simplymd2 wrote:

Ebay, why are you continuing to remove negative feedback left for sellers when buyers have proven the negative is deserved?  Even after telling the buyer that the negatives would not be removed.   

Hi @simplymd2 

I have never heard of eBay giving the buyer a chance to 'prove that a negative feedback is deserved'.  Nor have I heard of eBay telling a buyer that a negative feedback 'would not be removed'.

How did you make contact with eBay to discuss such matters?

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

The phone clerks don't work for eBay. They are minimum wage subcontractors with little training and less authority.
Mostly they want to get you mollified and off the phone so they can have a pee break.

EBay does not use feedback to assess member accounts. They regard FB as opinion.

They do not allow some FB usually because it is vulgar or slanderous. You can't call another member a liar or a thief, for example.  You also cannot refer to the results of a Dispute.

Sellers cannot leave negative feedback, nor can they leave "false positives".  These can lead to Defects.

EBay uses Disputes to assess member accounts. Buyers who have "too many" disputes may have their coverage under the Money Back Guarantee suspended. Sellers who lose "too many" Disputes earn Defects which lead to restrictions on the number and value of listings, higher fees, and even a closed selling account.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

I agree it can be frustrating for a buyer who has left a negative feedback to find it was later removed. There is nothing really that can be done about that, except to lodge a complaint with eBay.

Wouldn’t necessarily conclude that feedback removal is an indication of eBay’s disinterest in its users. Like anything else on eBay, there are policies  governing it. Rules for writing it, leaving it, removing it (that includes sometimes seeing a persistent seller who just gets lucky in getting a neg removed). 

Feedback’s importance has been waning in the community for awhile. It still has a place, but the most effective response to a transaction ultimately is not what a user writes about a seller, but what a user does. Voting with one’s wallet is an indelible feedback.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@simplymd2 wrote:

Ebay, why are you continuing to remove negative feedback left for sellers when buyers have proven the negative is deserved?  Even after telling the buyer that the negatives would not be removed.  Ebay is making it pretty clear that they dont care about sellers/buyers with 100% positive, who strive to be honest 

eBay has specific rules for removing feedback from sellers, just as they have specific rules for removing negatives from buyers.

Whether the feedback is "deserved" is not the criteria used to evaluate feedback for removal. In fact, whether the feedback is "deserved" is almost irrelevant to that decision.

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

eBay telling you negative feedback would not be removed? Suuuuuuuuuuuuure

DeeDubious | DeeDubs Co.
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Ebay does not allow bad sellers to have negative feedback removed.

That may be what you THINK but it is simply not fact.

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Exactly what did you say?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Iron clad mone back guarantee is **bleep**.  After 90 days you are hung out to dry. Ebay is for the seller not the buyer.  Nothing is done about bad sellers.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply