cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay will not reply

I am based in the UK but sell on eBay.com. I have called UK many times and they are great but my issue has to be resolved by eBay.com who I cannot call. I have sent four emails and received standard generic replies from three different people. All the contents are the same just trotting out eBay’s rules and policy. None address the problem I have and I have a deadline shortly. I am totally stuck and panicking.

i sell cast iron scales and weights. The scales were damaged in transit and the seller requested a replacement scale which I sent. She chose a scale from an active listing. When she received the scales she went ballistic saying she had disposed of the undamaged weights and I had cheated her by not sending the weights from the replacement scales listing. She has now opened a return on the basis the item is not as described and provided a photo of the replacement scales which of course in misrepresenting the issue. EBay says a replacement item can be sent as an alternative to a return  which I did. I thought the matter was resolved as she had the new scales and original weights, she had not at that stage said she disposed of the weights. I fulfilled my obligation so cannot agree  a return or refund.  The time is up tomorrow for me to take action and I have sent her two emails without replies. I am very concerned eBay will just refund her the money. Has anybody any idea what I can do please, I am frantic with worry.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

EBay will not reply

Accept the return. If you do not the buyer will probably ask eBay to step in. The buyer will be fully refunded, you will still pay the FVF's and it is highly possible the buyer will not have to return the item. 

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

I never send any replacement items. All returns are return for refund. Refunds are provided after the item is returned.

The buyer can decide to repurchase another item if they wish.

I am not exactly sure about a replacement policy and how that is documented via the eBay return system.

Sounds like you are in a poor position as far as returns go.

Anyone else?

Posting ID
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

@stuffbyiris 

Sorry for your situation.  

You may be better served by logging out of ebay.com and logging back into ebay.com/uk/  Here's your community forum link that may be helpful:

http://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Discussion/ct-p/13

Good luck getting the help and advice you need. 

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

@lakefor94 

Points out what should be obvious. If you ship a replacement, you have no documentation inside the Ebay system for what you have done and are at risk for losing more than the value of one order.

Procedure should be

Return

Refund

Reorder.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Thanks for your help. The buyer did not want a return she asked for a replacement. All the discussion was in messages which eBay will have. They say tracking should be sent which I did and they will have that in messages. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Thanks for your help. I have posted same message on eBay UK

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Buyers want free merchandise. You need to not give away your merchandise.

You have created a situation in which you will lose. You did not use the Ebay system to deal with your customer and their problem.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Thanks again but I cannot see what I did wrong. She asked for a replacement which I sent and eBay offer that as an alternative to a return. She has now asked for a return but wants to send the replacement scales back!

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Thanks! Trouble is the buyer wants to return the replacement scales and this is not the returns procedure. She has disposed of the weights originally listed so cannot send the item back in the condition she received it.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

Just do a refund and block the buyer.

"she had disposed of the undamaged weights"...she might have not. Why would she?

Will you get the item returned...or a box of rocks? Why waste more money on a return?

And feedback coming later..."she went ballistic".

It's a sale loss and we all have had one or more selling.

I would just refund...and not even send or answer any more emails.

And you can sleep tonight without worrying about it.

It is a expensive loss...

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

That’s what my husband said I should do. I will have one more go phoning eBay Uk tomorrow then take your advice.  It is just so hard letting an unscrupulous buyer win.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

@stuffbyiris wrote:

Thanks for your help. The buyer did not want a return she asked for a replacement. All the discussion was in messages which eBay will have. They say tracking should be sent which I did and they will have that in messages. 

If you didn't have the same scales to send, you should of told her to return for a refund or just refund and let them keep it.

Have a great day.
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

@stuffbyiris wrote:

But as you can see, getting someone at eBay to manually look at those messages and manually find in your favor is the issue.

Unless the eBay system has been automated to perform the task you want with information the system can find programmatically, you are unlikely to get the resolution you are wishing for.

Sending replacement items seems to be a gap in eBay's automated systems. IMHO it is always better to return for refund and have the buyer purchase again.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

EBay will not reply

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 15
latest reply