cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay turned on automatic return accept!

As we got in the office this morning we quickly noticed that eBay started auto accepting returns! 

We did NOT turn on this feature and made sure it was off in the past.

We can make our own return labels, frankly I don't trust eBay to even give us a label with the proper price point. Nor do I trust them to cancel the label if the item is not shipped.

There doesn't seem to be any way on here to even see the shipping prices directly!

Ridiculous....

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Thanks! I had no idea they had turned mine on

Message 46 of 50
latest reply

I found this when I shut mine off. Wonder if I should check it?

RMARMA

Message 47 of 50
latest reply

@shevey55 wrote:

I found this when I shut mine off. Wonder if I should check it?

RMARMA

The phone CSR is the one who triggered the option so I do not have 100% confirmation yet, but yes, I beleive that's the option that needs to be on if you want to send your own labels.

Message 48 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, 

The automatic refunding on returns is a BIG issue.  When buyers purchase the wrong size, I offer then the option  to receive a different size.

When they agree, there is no longer a place to enter 'replacement' on the return being processed because

Ebay has automatically approved it without my knowledge.

When an arrangement is made with a buyer through messaging (instead of on the Return record itself), Ebay does not know that I am shipping them a replacement item.  I have

to call them to straighten it out each time...an hour or two on the phone.  Last time, they

auto deducted the price of a return without my permission, even though I had sent a replacement.

Ebay's auto return policy is causing me to lose sales, time and money.  I prefer to handle returns on

my own, so I can offer them an alternative item.  Unfortunately, I am now blocked from doing 

that.  I cannot 'opt out' of automated returns.  I tried and it does not work.  There is no

'Returns expert' to help as someone suggested.  Just team mates who know as little as I do

about the new policies, the settings and how they work.

I am slowly switching over to a No Returns policy, due to the loss of time and money involved.

Too bad...the policy change hurts everyone.

Message 49 of 50
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can offer No Returns.

Then you have the option of working with the buyer.

Seems to be the only way to keep from losing alot of money on all the returns.

Message 50 of 50
latest reply