cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY sent a warning message that was innaccurate while lecturing ME about MY listing!

EBAY sent a warning message that was innaccurate while lecturing ME about MY listing!

ebay states in the message that they removed "FEATHER" from my title, but they removed the listing! And what is wrong with the word "FEATHER"?  It is not just an object--it is a VERB and DESCRIPTIVE TERM as I state "FEATHER LIKE" in title.

"Please understand that you used the unrelated keywords "FEATHER" in the title and/or description of the listing. Hence, we removed "FEATHER" from your listing #title and/or description#. As you may list other items on our site, please be sure that only keywords that are directly related to the item should be included in the listing. Keywords can generally be defined as product names, item conditions, generic style/model terms, materials that an item is made from or other much searched words. Unrelated keywords affect search results and may lead to a poor buying and searching experience on eBay.

Please make sure that your current and future listings follow these guidelines. If they don't, they'll be removed, and your fees won't be refunded. It could also result in additional actions, including loss of buying and selling privileges on eBay."

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

Re: EBAY sent a warning message that was innaccurate while lecturing ME about MY listing!

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:

@rosevelyn

If it's any small consolation I once had a listing pulled for listing a mug with the words Friends like you............that email made no sense either = )

I got a big fat slap one time for using a celebrity name in a title.  It was the brand name of the widget and it was in the Brand choices in the drop down list in Item Specifics.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 31 of 45
latest reply

Re: EBAY sent a warning message that was innaccurate while lecturing ME about MY listing!

@sharingtheland wrote:

"Like" used to be the proper way to list. You said "I think" the problem is.... That's my point. You don'tknow for sure.

Without seeing the rest of the listing but going by the message you received from ebay, it's the word "like."

Actually we can see the listings. (Search the op's listings for "feather.")

The OP has 2 listings for identical items and both listed on Dec. 31.  One of them uses "feather like" and the other, as a workaround the duplicate listings policy has a different title. (OP, be careful before getting a duplicate listing violation.)

Why not list it as a "Feather-shaped brooch?"

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 32 of 45
latest reply

@albertabrightalberta wrote:

The OP has 2 listings for identical items and both listed on Dec. 31.  One of them uses "feather like" and the other, as a workaround the duplicate listings policy has a different title. (OP, be careful before getting a duplicate listing violation.)

And if it's "feather-shaped," how is that "feather like"?  A brooch shaped like a feather is not actually LIKE a feather in any appreciable way other than shape, so that isn't even an accurate description.

Message 33 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

And if it's "feather-shaped," how is that "feather like"?  A brooch shaped like a feather is not actually LIKE a feather in any appreciable way other than shape, so that isn't even an accurate description.

Did you even see the OP's listings? 

The OP is the one who called it "feather like" but it's not! It's feather shaped. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 34 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

The OP is the one who called it "feather like" but it's not! It's feather shaped. 

that was the point yuzaha was making BenBurned.

Message 35 of 45
latest reply

I would prefer to relist it as a feather plume pin / brooch, but now feather is flagged.

Message 36 of 45
latest reply

Try plumage shaped?
Message 37 of 45
latest reply

I'm left with a Sophie's Choice problem. Choose! Choose! Having said that, I would choose FEATHER PLUME rather than LONG LEAVES.

Message 38 of 45
latest reply

I can't look at your listing, can you post a photo? Maybe we can help
Message 39 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

I was agreeing with you, actually!  I did take a look at the listings and I agree that "feather like" is not the way to describe the brooch in question.

Message 40 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

I was agreeing with you, actually!  I did take a look at the listings and I agree that "feather like" is not the way to describe the brooch in question.

I apologize @yuzuha. After rereading your  post, I realized that I'd misunderstood your post. 

albertabrightalberta

Message 41 of 45
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

I apologize @yuzuha. After rereading your  post, I realized that I'd misunderstood your post. 

No worries, it happens!  Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 45
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

"Like" used to be the proper way to list. You said "I think" the problem is.... That's my point. You don'tknow for sure.

Without seeing the rest of the listing but going by the message you received from ebay, it's the word "like."

Actually we can see the listings. (Search the op's listings for "feather.")

I didn't mean I couldn't see OP's listings; I meant I didn't look.  sunglasses

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 43 of 45
latest reply

I just realized there were duplicates today when both ended at the same time. Thanks. It's as if the original listing materialized after it disappeared.

Message 44 of 45
latest reply

Where you selling a feather ?

Message 45 of 45
latest reply