cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Hi Ebay Sellers, is just me? or ebay sales are very low for the last couple of weeks?

worst perfomance ever???

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

agreed,but scams seem to be pretty busy.

Message 31 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

It's September now and my sales are still slowing down more and more.

I'm a legit business on eBay. Have been since 1999. I manufacture kayak accessories and have patents on my products. No one sells them but me, so I have no competition. In May of this year I noticed that my sales started going down quickly. My last 4 years have been consistent until now. Comparing this June-August with my last 4 years, my June sales are down this year 38%, July 46%, and August 69%. eBay has a definite problem. My products used to pop up on google, etsy, facebook, etc. all the time, but rarely do so anymore. It's possible that eBay has cut back on advertising my products cause I'm not paying them to do so. Recently, eBay has been pushing me to increase my sales by doing promotions, coupons, and discounts. If I do these things eBay will cut into my net profit more on each sale. Simply put, they will make more and i will make less.  I must say, Amazon is looking better and better all the time. 

As for Managed Payments, I switched over in August of 2019. Didn't hurt my sales or my profits a bit. I actually average 2.8% more net profit on my items since i dropped PayPal. So anyone who blames Managed Payments for the slowdown is just wrong and would rather complain than make the adjustment. It's so easy, just register as a new business with the IRS to get a new Employer Identification Number (EIN) so you don't have to use your SSN. Then open a new bank account. Give eBay your new EIN and new bank account number. That's all you have to do.

Message 32 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Yes, we've been selling on eBay for years...and have done quite well in recent years, but sales have dropped to almost nothing in last few months. We have posted new items, lowered some pricing but nothing.Thx for your posts - very helpful, reassuring - but hope it turns around for everyone. 

MemphisCharles (and Barbara), specializing in former inventory in two retail businesses, Italian bicycle components, etc and O-Gauge trains, etc (ex Lionel dealer).

All the best one and all / Stay safe,

Charlie & Barbara 

Message 33 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Its been pretty bad lately, I think there is just more competitive platforms people are going to where fees are less and seller can price them better. Ebay fees are ridiculously high. 

Message 34 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I thought everything would improve once summer ended.  Nope!!   October has been lousy on eBay.  ONE good day.  That was Friday.  After that, 3 days to sell & I cannot even break a 20.  Dismal & pathetic.  Trying to find other means to support myself!   Other avenues.  eBay is getting to be a lost cause.

Message 35 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

AGREED 100 PERCENT. YOU'RE KNOWING ABOUT WHAT CAN HAPPEN WHEN EBAY HAS THAT INFORMATION. ALSO CHARGE BACKS. TAKING FUNDS FROM BANK ACCOUNT. REPORTS TO ALL THREE CREDIT COMPANIES THE LIST IS LONG AND WITH EBAY HAVING ALL THAT INFORMATION IT WILL HURT YOU IN MONTHS TO COME. ONLY A GOON OR A MORON WOULD AGREE TO THE NEW EBAY MONEY BANKING SYSTEM.

Message 36 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

dethoma-78 Then according to you 90+% of us sellers on eBay are "goons and morons".

I've been on Managed Payments since August 2019 and nothing negative has happened.

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones or maybe your problem isn't eBay at all. Hmmm...

Message 37 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

For me everything tanked in mid-October aligned to the dates of the platform update. I ended and resisted every one of my listings over the past 2 days to see if that helps. Went from 8-10 items per day to 1 and sometimes 0 sales per day. Don't fix it if it's not broke eBay!

Message 38 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

@shopsquared wrote:

For me everything tanked in mid-October aligned to the dates of the platform update. I ended and resisted every one of my listings over the past 2 days to see if that helps. Went from 8-10 items per day to 1 and sometimes 0 sales per day. Don't fix it if it's not broke eBay!

Canadian perspective regarding sales slowing down:

Average sales per month. For years... 30 +-. 

October 2021....4

Anything done differently, personally? No

-Lotz

Message 39 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Just you.

And depending on the Category and the other million plus items you compete with.

Personally, I sell about 90% of what I list. On rare occasion, an item won't receive a bid.

So no change here we're whackin' it.

Loose Cannon
Message 40 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

It may be worth noting that this thread started in May 2021.

And every month from then on, someone experienced that "sudden dropoff".

Which makes me think again that there is nothing particularly widespread happening -- beyond the usual glitches and breakdowns.

And FWIW, similar posts have  been made every month since October 1995.

Message 41 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

Sales are horrible right now! Sales have been poor for months affecting many sellers hence the validity of the post still applies despite the age...

Message 42 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

I’m not experiencing sudden drop-off, however this is by far the worst holiday season sales since I’ve been selling. There isn’t even a close second. Sales are remarkably bad. 

Message 43 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

it is the next year and the same trend continues, have not seen anything moving in months

Message 44 of 52
latest reply

EBAY SALES SLOWING DOWN

They are targeting people making $600 or more. No small sales, no purchases from the people that sell used items so they can repurchase used items! Now people that get Food assistance can't sell their used clothes, so the can buy used clothes that fit, because they will loose food assistance. The current policies are attacking the poorest people in the country.

Message 45 of 52
latest reply